Cosmic Games is a game studio out of Toronto, ON from the developers and minds behind the wildly popular Cosmic Minecraft servers. Our goal is to translate our success in the custom coded Minecraft server world to our own game, from the ground up. We’ll never build a game we wouldn’t spend hundreds of hours playing ourselves.
You can read more about us over at https://cosmic.games/ or https://cosmicblox.com/
About The Job
We’re looking for a motivated and driven member to join our dedicated and fast moving team. You’re outgoing, dedicated and eager to create a solid game mode that flows and has the end user experience at the forefront of your mind.
You are a well organized, task oriented, results driven, creative developer. You take pride in providing a quality product that understands the flow and the expected progression of the game. Your attention to detail drives you to provide an immersive, polished game environment for the end user.
What you will have to do
- Work with the team to brainstorm, design, and code all aspects of game play
- Implement content from the art team such as animations, particle effects, UI customization, and model rigging
- Efficiently work with all technical aspects of the game
- Receive bug reports from players and team members and quickly mitigate, test and deploy solutions
- Work quickly and efficiently to problem solve and come up with solutions
- Understand the direction of the game and anticipate future updates
- Develop and code with a modular perspective anticipating future updates and not limiting development to the current goal
- Understand the game design flow providing suggestions and solutions that compliment the game progression and design
- Work closely with all aspects of the team to realize a quality final product
- Self-Motivated and able to break down complex tasks.
- Passionate about games and gaming.
- Clean and modular development
- Able to understand feedback and criticism and use it to overcome challenging problems
- 3+ years of experience in the field of game development
- Experienced in the Roblox Studio UI
- Work with a motivated and driven team
- Opportunity to grow professionally and personally
- Work remotely
- Flexible hours
- Stable and secure work environment
- Part-time or full-time opportunity
Our preferred payment method is Direct Deposit / ACH, but we can accompany other forms as well.
You can contact by emailing [email protected] or applying over at https://cosmic.games/jobs/20200922180446-lua-developer
You must be 18 years or older to apply (required to legally sign NDA)
We look forward to hearing from you!
Please allow us a few days to get back to you.