Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

A Veteran Roblox Player's Advice to a Younger Generation.

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

ManningSquared

Jul 15, 2019
Arizona, USA.
www.roblox.com
Roblox
ManningSquared
Discord
ManningSquared#2830
Hiya there guys, my name is ManningSquared, and come the 26th of this month (Currently the 10th), it will be my official that i've played this game for nine years.
I wanted to come to you all today, mostly aimed at those who've been around a bit shorter of a time (though, if you are similar age, or older feel free to chime in)
Since i've realized i've almost spent 9 years of my life playing this game, i've grown a bit nostalgic and I thought this might be a good place to expel some of these more serious, deep thoughts that i've been holding inside for a while. IRL, I am also about to turn 20, so this is also an adult, giving advice to younger people.

It is for that reason that I wish to bring you a "Top 4 Pieces of Advice" type post. Feel free to post your thoughts in the replies, good, genuine conversation is always great. I made it only 4, because those are the only I could think of.
These are not necessarily in order, and mostly are relating to people who associate with groups.

[1.] Be humble.
In my time on roblox i've seen many people succumb to the common idea that just because you are older than another person, or have played a certain game, or genre for a long time that you are better than someone. Or just because you're a higher level than them, or because you are better at a game, you have the right to talk down to them. This is something that will not only lead others to dislike you, but also give you a sense that you are better -- and when that sense comes crashing down due to a pvp match when you get trashed, or when you get demoted in a group for one reason or another, that smug superiority will come crashing down, and your mental health with it.

[2.] Drama is impossible to prevent on Roblox -- work around it instead.
This especially applies to those who are leaders within groups, or communities in other places. You will never be able to completely stop drama, or make it go away. There will always be one troublemaker who riles up the crowd and throws them against you. Instead of ignoring it, or delving into it, compel yourself to stay out of it. As hard as it may be, this is essential. As much as you might want to bite back against the person making a stupid arguement, or ban them all. Stay out of it. That being said, while staying out of it, try to guide it as much as possible. Stick to your guns, and keep it as private as possible. Make sure that you don't contradict your former statements.

[3.] Realize there are days that just suck.
It might be discouraging when you are on a losing streak in a game that you're good at, or when your mind just isn't able to recall certain facts or memories. That's understandable, and healthy! Everyone has days that they are just not feeling all themselves, distant or thoughtful. Perhaps angry, or anxiety-ridden. Whether these things are brought on by real life, or by things in game, try to remind yourself that today is just bad for you, and tomorrow things will likely be much better.

[4.] Late-night decision are bad decisions.
When it's late, and you are needing to make some important decisions, make sure you stand up, get some water, and really feel if you're tired or not. Being tired can make you not be able to think about things clearly, or take in all the necessary things you need to think about to make the decision you are about to make. Don't send that late-night 12-paragraph message to the person you just want to be done with, don't purge your friends list, and most certainly don't overthink friendships, or relationships.

Cookie

Official VP of Roblox Forum - he/him
Ultra
Mar 1, 2018
your local bakery
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Co0kie_Crumble
this is such a good thread, one of the best i've seen.
all of these pieces of advice are true. especially #4. trust me, i've overthinked some relationships and treated them like a joke. that was a horrible mistake. also the drama one, i have been in a lot of drama and i think i needed that.
i'm only 12 and have only been playing roblox for a third of how long you've been playing; only 3 years. but this really helps, thank you so much.
i'm gonna bookmark this, which is super rare.

ManningSquared

Jul 15, 2019
Arizona, USA.
www.roblox.com
Roblox
ManningSquared
Discord
ManningSquared#2830
this is such a good thread, one of the best i've seen.
all of these pieces of advice are true. especially #4. trust me, i've overthinked some relationships and treated them like a joke. that was a horrible mistake. also the drama one, i have been in a lot of drama and i think i needed that.
i'm only 12 and have only been playing roblox for a third of how long you've been playing; only 3 years. but this really helps, thank you so much.
i'm gonna bookmark this, which is super rare.
Means a lot that at least one person has been affected positively by this.

JuiceDrop

JuiceDrop's Girlfriend
VIP
Feb 21, 2018
Massachusetts
womenafter50.com
Roblox
ReggattadeBlanc
Discord
JuiceDrop
man, i joined roblox when i was 5, a couple of months after you (february 10th, 2012). strange seeing the world grow up. i took life for granted. at least we still have jimmy carter.

ManningSquared

Jul 15, 2019
Arizona, USA.
www.roblox.com
Roblox
ManningSquared
Discord
ManningSquared#2830
I saw the game at a friends house back in 2015, I officially joined 2 years later and in 2019 my account went bye bye by accident. I now have another account, Prowood02.
Good luck to you on your ride of Robloxing!

man, i joined roblox when i was 5, a couple of months after you (february 10th, 2012). strange seeing the world grow up. i took life for granted. at least we still have jimmy carter.

Yeah, though I think everyone does when they're a kid :)

JuiceDrop

JuiceDrop's Girlfriend
VIP
Feb 21, 2018
Massachusetts
womenafter50.com
Roblox
ReggattadeBlanc
Discord
JuiceDrop
I saw the game at a friends house back in 2015, I officially joined 2 years later and in 2019 my account went bye bye by accident. I now have another account, Prowood02.

yeah, i found a place i made from 2014 and oh my god it's so embarrassing (i feel as if i was smarter in 2012 than in 2014)

ManningSquared

Jul 15, 2019
Arizona, USA.
www.roblox.com
Roblox
ManningSquared
Discord
ManningSquared#2830

yeah, i found a place i made from 2014 and oh my god it's so embarrassing (i feel as if i was smarter in 2012 than in 2014)
lol

jamescoolcraft

May 2, 2020
Roblox
jamescoolcraft
Man, I love reading posts like this. Some of this stuff I'll try to keep in mind and even use in the future.

Reactions: Cookie

Rukreep

Top Spanish member
VIP
Jun 7, 2018
Madrid, España
roblox.com
Roblox
Rukreep
Discord
Rukreep#4376
I joined back in 2016 being just seven years old.
I've had no idea what was tix and why it got removed, not about online dating, not about anything. the first game i've played with my account was The plaza.
let's be honest, who did not read builderman's welcome to roblox message when they first joined.

jamescoolcraft

May 2, 2020
Roblox
jamescoolcraft
Ngl I find it kinda weird how some people on here have thousands of posts, especially considering the low amount of people on here.

Cookie

Official VP of Roblox Forum - he/him
Ultra
Mar 1, 2018
your local bakery
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Co0kie_Crumble
Ngl I find it kinda weird how some people on here have thousands of posts, especially considering the low amount of people on here.
well some of these people have been in the site since 2018 (including me). it’s easy to think that being on here for 2 years is a lot of time

Reactions: jamescoolcraft