Advertisement: Side Slash! | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Advertisement: Side Slash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malcheonne

Jun 6, 2019
Roblox
NathanSmith01
Side Slash! Oh my beautiful boy, Side Slash! I can finally advertise you! :D

Anyway, what is Side Slash? Side Slash is a 2.5D RPG, inspired by Elsword, or so I was told. Side Slash is a game where you, the player, are in a GIANT version of your house. You kill stuff, you get stuff, you use it to get better stuff, yadda yadda yadda, it's an RPG, so you'll get that a LOT!

So, let's talk Story.

... oh wait, there isn't one to begin with. Sad...
Let's just skip to presentation then. XD

The game has the aesthetic of you fighting everyday things. Example, the basic enemies are related to dust, the first dungeon is related to spiders, the second dungeon is related to an oven, and it goes ON and ON. Graphically, the game is above average, as it has this 2.5D aesthetic, adding to the charm that the world already has. In my eyes, anyway.

And HERE'S the fun one, the gameplay. Right off the bat, you have two weapons on you. The Simple Knife and Simple Hat. They do the same damage, but it is up to preference of classes on which one you'd equip. Oh, yeah, classes. They exist. They aren't the basic knight, mage, thief, stuff like that. Nononononononononono. The knife is Specter, a High-DPS, somewhat AOE melee class. The hat is Trickster, a, well, trickster, that uses magic cards and MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) to it's advantage. See, if you swap personalities, by crossing the 50 Materia (Mana) threshold, you will swap Egos. They make your number 2 talent (spell) have a different effect, as well as reduce cooldown IMMEDIATELY as the swap happens by 5 seconds. Not much, but still useful. Malware is a crowd-control class that I have not tried yet, but WANT to, because he sounds fun, solely because I haven't beaten Oven Buster ONCE, due to lag. And Crypt is a self-damaging BULLDOZER that deals insane damage, at the cost of your HP being your Materia. That sounds bad, but trust me. They did the balancing. It is still a good tool to use, even now.

So you have four talents, as the game likes to call it. They act as spells, and cost Materia, which is your Mana. They're... Basically the same thing, but your Materia regens by 1-2 points per basic hit. Not a lot? Well it's your basic attack. It SKYROCKETS if you spam the basic attack, so that's fine, as well. You also have a double jump, that the game never tells you about, but is fine, since while it IS a necessity, finding out you have it is no big deal. Who WON'T press jump twice at some point? I get that it's not telling you stuff, and that IS a problem, but it's all well and good once you know. Most likely since the game acts as if you know how to play it.

Oh yeah, NOP frames. What're those? Invulnerability. This happens for bosses like Crysilla, and the player when they cast talents that anchor them, because bosses are bosses, and talents would be DISASTEROUS to use if it didn't exist for the player. The game doesn't mention this too, but it's more of a buff, so it's not worth ranting about, like I did. .-.

I only know six bosses, but there are actually five dungeons, as it is right now, and so there are... TEN bosses. Reason: Minibosses count. :P The boss fights aren't traditional, as well. They don't just hit you, unlike normal enemies, some enemies can shoot you, and both Minibosses AND bosses have patterns. Less so for the Mini-bosses, but still. The first two, the only two that I know of, both follow a strict pattern. I dunno much about the 3rd, and I know nothing about the 4th and 5th boss, but nonetheless, they follow a pattern. When they are vulnerable, dealing 5% of their HP equals they get stunned in some form. They don't just... Have stars over their eyes, nonononono. They have their own stun animations, too, so that's nice.

Overall, what do I think of this game? Well... It's an Action RPG, at least from my experience. Yes, I am gonna say this. This is one of the ONLY Action RPGs on Roblox. The other three are Colossus Legends, which I am not even sure about to begin with, Rogue Lineage, and PWNED 3: Aeternae Memori.

This game is a MASSIVE relief, and SUCH an underrated gem, in my book. If you have the time, I recommend, whole-heartedly, to check this game out.
Post automatically merged:

Wait... I didn't talk about music. FLIP! .-.

Just listen to it yourself if you want to, I don't have much words on it, really.

Reactions: Captcinn

Captcinn

Exampler Member
Mar 5, 2018
USA
Roblox
captcinn
Side Slash! Oh my beautiful boy, Side Slash! I can finally advertise you! :D

Anyway, what is Side Slash? Side Slash is a 2.5D RPG, inspired by Elsword, or so I was told. Side Slash is a game where you, the player, are in a GIANT version of your house. You kill stuff, you get stuff, you use it to get better stuff, yadda yadda yadda, it's an RPG, so you'll get that a LOT!

So, let's talk Story.

... oh wait, there isn't one to begin with. Sad...
Let's just skip to presentation then. XD

The game has the aesthetic of you fighting everyday things. Example, the basic enemies are related to dust, the first dungeon is related to spiders, the second dungeon is related to an oven, and it goes ON and ON. Graphically, the game is above average, as it has this 2.5D aesthetic, adding to the charm that the world already has. In my eyes, anyway.

And HERE'S the fun one, the gameplay. Right off the bat, you have two weapons on you. The Simple Knife and Simple Hat. They do the same damage, but it is up to preference of classes on which one you'd equip. Oh, yeah, classes. They exist. They aren't the basic knight, mage, thief, stuff like that. Nononononononononono. The knife is Specter, a High-DPS, somewhat AOE melee class. The hat is Trickster, a, well, trickster, that uses magic cards and MPD (Multiple Personality Disorder) to it's advantage. See, if you swap personalities, by crossing the 50 Materia (Mana) threshold, you will swap Egos. They make your number 2 talent (spell) have a different effect, as well as reduce cooldown IMMEDIATELY as the swap happens by 5 seconds. Not much, but still useful. Malware is a crowd-control class that I have not tried yet, but WANT to, because he sounds fun, solely because I haven't beaten Oven Buster ONCE, due to lag. And Crypt is a self-damaging BULLDOZER that deals insane damage, at the cost of your HP being your Materia. That sounds bad, but trust me. They did the balancing. It is still a good tool to use, even now.

So you have four talents, as the game likes to call it. They act as spells, and cost Materia, which is your Mana. They're... Basically the same thing, but your Materia regens by 1-2 points per basic hit. Not a lot? Well it's your basic attack. It SKYROCKETS if you spam the basic attack, so that's fine, as well. You also have a double jump, that the game never tells you about, but is fine, since while it IS a necessity, finding out you have it is no big deal. Who WON'T press jump twice at some point? I get that it's not telling you stuff, and that IS a problem, but it's all well and good once you know. Most likely since the game acts as if you know how to play it.

Oh yeah, NOP frames. What're those? Invulnerability. This happens for bosses like Crysilla, and the player when they cast talents that anchor them, because bosses are bosses, and talents would be DISASTEROUS to use if it didn't exist for the player. The game doesn't mention this too, but it's more of a buff, so it's not worth ranting about, like I did. .-.

I only know six bosses, but there are actually five dungeons, as it is right now, and so there are... TEN bosses. Reason: Minibosses count. :P The boss fights aren't traditional, as well. They don't just hit you, unlike normal enemies, some enemies can shoot you, and both Minibosses AND bosses have patterns. Less so for the Mini-bosses, but still. The first two, the only two that I know of, both follow a strict pattern. I dunno much about the 3rd, and I know nothing about the 4th and 5th boss, but nonetheless, they follow a pattern. When they are vulnerable, dealing 5% of their HP equals they get stunned in some form. They don't just... Have stars over their eyes, nonononono. They have their own stun animations, too, so that's nice.

Overall, what do I think of this game? Well... It's an Action RPG, at least from my experience. Yes, I am gonna say this. This is one of the ONLY Action RPGs on Roblox. The other three are Colossus Legends, which I am not even sure about to begin with, Rogue Lineage, and PWNED 3: Aeternae Memori.

This game is a MASSIVE relief, and SUCH an underrated gem, in my book. If you have the time, I recommend, whole-heartedly, to check this game out.
Post automatically merged:

Wait... I didn't talk about music. FLIP! .-.

Just listen to it yourself if you want to, I don't have much words on it, really.
I'll check it out.

Captcinn

Exampler Member
Mar 5, 2018
USA
Roblox
captcinn
This is the correct game right?

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
The game is here. It is a very nice, well detailed game. A slash and advance kind of a game. Fun time killer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General
Help Users
    Generalissimus Generalissimus: Understandable.