Alternative to Roblox groups | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Alternative to Roblox groups

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!

erion

Nov 21, 2020
Roblox
AHUIOWDOIPJDOIAWD
Is there anything I can use alternatively to Roblox groups?
Like the Trello API and then use that to rank players or any other service.
Please link a video, thread or something to help me understand more if you have any clue on what I could use.

erion

Nov 21, 2020
Roblox
AHUIOWDOIPJDOIAWD
Well, I will need multiple groups because of the rank limits, the ranks cost and etc. It would be more practical to use something else.
Let's take café or army groups for example, staff have different ranks, but these ranks come from the Roblox group they used, could I achieve the same thing using something like Trello or anything else?

SuperBloxPaul

Jul 10, 2018
Roblox
PaulGamesTheDev
Well, I will need multiple groups because of the rank limits, the ranks cost and etc. It would be more practical to use something else.
Let's take café or army groups for example, staff have different ranks, but these ranks come from the Roblox group they used, could I achieve the same thing using something like Trello or anything else?
there are 250+ roles in a group
why would you need more

erion

Nov 21, 2020
Roblox
AHUIOWDOIPJDOIAWD
there are 250+ roles in a group
why would you need more
Ah, I guessed I missed that. Although I still have reasons to why its just more practical to use something else.

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Unless you set up some sort of one-time password system to join a group or something, you'd need to do each manually, but if you used a data store you could have plenty of space for 50k+ member UserIds with numerical ranks (probably a pretty low estimate, just a nicely rounded number I knew would be well under the size limit). Just save their UserId as the key, and their numerical rank as the value.

You could use an external service with an API (like Trello), but you'll likely need to know a language besides Lua. I have no idea what they use, but Discord uses JavaScript for their bots if I remember right. Some services (like Discord) banned the Roblox domain for overuse, so you'd need to use a proxy server, which costs money if you don't want restrictions that are too heavy to be scalable.

Private conversations
Rules Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.