Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Any tip on having a clearer voice for my upcoming yt vids?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigboypadilla9

Top 0.0001% Member
Jul 10, 2018
Minecarft
Roblox
bigboypadilla9
Discord
bigboypadilla#3670
I want to speak in my videos and have confidence, but I can't speak clearly and have a very plain and boring voice. Do y'all have any sort of tips?

ElHomburgerGuy

If you won't let yourself fail, you won't improve
Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
Be in an area where there's a little sound, and little echo, you want only your voice to be heard while recording.

If this is a voice-over? Or is this you talking live during gameplay or something?

bigboypadilla9

Top 0.0001% Member
Jul 10, 2018
Minecarft
Roblox
bigboypadilla9
Discord
bigboypadilla#3670
Be in an area where there's a little sound, and little echo, you want only your voice to be heard while recording.

If this is a voice-over? Or is this you talking live during gameplay or something?
It's going to be a voice-over. But both would be nice

FaZecookie

FaZe Member (he/him)
Ultra
Mar 1, 2018
FaZe Headquarters
www.youtube.com
Roblox
tombles_s
Discord
tom.#6141
don’t use scripts. don’t. if you are, don’t. if you look at my older commentary videos, you’ll see that i had a very robotic sounding voice because i read a script and made it sound one-toned if you get what i mean. you can use simple billet points instead and while recording, improvise.
also, realize that your voice doesn’t matter!!! who cares if you’re a squeaker or your voice sounds weird or something? once i realized that i got more confident in my voice and myself. dunno if that helps too lol.
take this advice from one youtuber to another :)

HunterTheRobloxian

Mar 30, 2021
Dessert biome
Roblox
pizzahandsman53
Discord
HunterTheRobloxian#0074
You could maybe use some voice changer and experiment with it like with your voice pitch or maybe just get crazy and just have some random voice.

ElHomburgerGuy

If you won't let yourself fail, you won't improve
Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
don’t use scripts. don’t. if you are, don’t. if you look at my older commentary videos, you’ll see that i had a very robotic sounding voice because i read a script and made it sound one-toned if you get what i mean. you can use simple billet points instead and while recording, improvise.
also, realize that your voice doesn’t matter!!! who cares if you’re a squeaker or your voice sounds weird or something? once i realized that i got more confident in my voice and myself. dunno if that helps too lol.
take this advice from one youtuber to another :)
I say don't stick 100% to a script, but having your points writing down can easily keep you on track on what you're trying to tell.

Of course, if you talk a little bit off you'll be fine as long as you keep a flow going and keep the subject.

But I 100% agree with the advice on voices, if you think about people ear your voice all the time, school, your home, your friends, they all heard your voice and have any of them complained about it?

Reactions: FaZecookie

Hallumir

Ultra
May 13, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Roblox
Hallumir
Drink some hot water or tea before speaking. Also hum in a low pitch. Practice low and high notes if you want to sound less monotone.

Status
Not open for further replies.