Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Backpack hotkey (~) doesn't work in Roblox Win10 application

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

KovarMachane

Dec 27, 2017
Hi people,

Have you come accross this issue? Backpack hotkey (~) does not work in any default game in the Roblox application for Windows 10.
As per Context Actiom Service the key inputs as Enum.KeyCode.Tilde, and Backpack won't open (unless icon clicked by mouse). Interestingly enough, when I run the same game from a web browser, the Backpack opens correctly and the key input reads Enum.KeyCode.Backquote!

I am using W10, Creators Update, Czech QWERTZ keyboard, but same trouble when switched to English US keyboard. It seems to be a glitch in the Win app.

Any ideas welcome. Thanks!

Reactions: HarryNickell

Rakmishak

Banned
Dec 27, 2017
Overland Park, Kansas
Roblox
rakmishak
I did not find a solution but I did find this from ROBLOX Help section: "International keyboards have been known to occasionally cause an issue with accessing the in-game features." Also for the switching of the keyboard language is this from ROBLOX help:
"Please note that while this may resolve your keyboard issue, it may cause other normal programs on your machine to act differently, or have awkward keyboard control." So in turn their saying that international keyboards might have problems with accessing the ingame features such as the backpack. He has a czech keyboard which wasn't english originally. So it's an international keyboard and if you do switch the language as saying in the second quote, it might fix the problems but other problems might occur.

KovarMachane

Dec 27, 2017
Is there a way to force open/close backpack thru a script? That is, to bind another key? That would solve my problem.
Otherwise I will have to scrip my own backpack from scratch...
Much appreciate your help.
EDIT: I want mouse locked in the screen center, so need to bind a keyboard key.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.