Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Bug: Roblox not opening

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

GreedyOne

Apr 17, 2021
Roblox
Overlordsama08
I recently got back to roblox after 6 months of not playing, however the most recent update has caused a major issue for me. I cannot open any roblox game of any sort from the browser version. It doesn't matter if I reset internet options, do command prompt flush/dns, delete temp files, reset my firewall settings/allowing it through, nothing works, I've done everything possible on the internet, how do i fix this eithout having to go in the microsoft store version of roblox? Is this only a special rare case or is this due to the update? Clarification: i've had roblox work perfectly before the update, which is why I suspect that to be the cause, as for how the bug happens, it simply shows the "Starting Roblox..." tab, finishes and then does nothing. Deleting temporary files is the only thing thst used to work, but now it's not even working anymore.

FaZeriko

Is literally 1984
Ultra
May 5, 2020
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Riko_okiR
Discord
Masked Ruby#4945
I recently got back to roblox after 6 months of not playing, however the most recent update has caused a major issue for me. I cannot open any roblox game of any sort from the browser version. It doesn't matter if I reset internet options, do command prompt flush/dns, delete temp files, reset my firewall settings/allowing it through, nothing works, I've done everything possible on the internet, how do i fix this eithout having to go in the microsoft store version of roblox? Is this only a special rare case or is this due to the update? Clarification: i've had roblox work perfectly before the update, which is why I suspect that to be the cause, as for how the bug happens, it simply shows the "Starting Roblox..." tab, finishes and then does nothing. Deleting temporary files is the only thing thst used to work, but now it's not even working anymore.
Hmm, can you open up roblox while having task manager open? Roblox might have been running without actually showing anything, happened to me once

GreedyOne

Apr 17, 2021
Roblox
Overlordsama08
Hmm, can you open up roblox while having task manager open? Roblox might have been running without actually showing anything, happened to me once
I'll try that.
Post automatically merged:

Just tried seeing what the problem was with task manager open, and I think I've found out the problem. The game opens two instances of the Roblox Game.exe, which instead cancels each toher. It must have something to do with my installation, I'll check it out and inform you if I fix anything.

I'll try that.

Just tried seeing what the problem was with task manager open, and I think I've found out the problem. The game opens two instances of the Roblox Game.exe, which instead cancels each toher. It must have something to do with my installation, I'll check it out and inform you if I fix anything.
I cant seem to figure out what causes the launcher to open two instances, I'll try and open roblox launcher using dnSpy, see if I can change anything to make it open only one instance.

Last edited:
Reactions: FaZeriko

FaZeriko

Is literally 1984
Ultra
May 5, 2020
Montreal
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Riko_okiR
Discord
Masked Ruby#4945
I'll try that.

I'll try that.

I cant seem to figure out what causes the launcher to open two instances, I'll try and open roblox launcher using dnSpy, see if I can change anything to make it open only one instance.
Have you tried reinstalling roblox yet? (not deleting temporary files just completely uninstalling it from your system)

GreedyOne

Apr 17, 2021
Roblox
Overlordsama08
I'll try that.

I'll try that.

Have you tried reinstalling roblox yet? (not deleting temporary files just completely uninstalling it from your system)
Yes, multiple times.

Status
Not open for further replies.