Can people have separate progress? | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Can people have separate progress?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!

iweed1138

Jul 31, 2020
Roblox
iweed1138
I am trying to make a game where you have to go through a maze and find keys so that you can open doors to the next level. The problem is that I want everybody to be able to see each other without affecting each other. So if me and my friend are playing, I will unlock the door for me but not my friend.

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
Use Client-Server boundary for your advantage. If you modify something in LocalScript then it will be effective only on this client. For instance, if you modify .CanCollide and .Transparency properties by LocalScript, the change will be effective only to the local player. The door will disappear only for one player.

iweed1138

Jul 31, 2020
Roblox
iweed1138
Use Client-Server boundary for your advantage. If you modify something in LocalScript then it will be effective only on this client. For instance, if you modify .CanCollide and .Transparency properties by LocalScript, the change will be effective only to the local player. The door will disappear only for one player.
Thank you so much, I have seen those and never known what they meant. THANK YOU!
Post automatically merged:

So... this was helpful but it broke my script. This is my script:

local model = script.Parent.Parent
local Door = model.Door

local function onTouched(hit)
Door.Transparency = 1
Door.CanCollide = false
end

local function onTouchedKey(hit)
script.Parent.BrickColor = BrickColor.DarkGray()
end

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(onTouched)
script.Parent.Touched:Connect(onTouchedKey)

do you have any sugestions?

Last edited:
General
Help Users
    Thecoolguy16183 Thecoolguy16183: hey @Vipnoob07 i added you on roblox friend me its thecoolguy16183