• Register a free account to view all forum content. Click here to create your own account.

cloned scripts from game.Lighting or game.ReplicatedStorage not running

Ratings
Roblox
proclet
Hello

I'm trying to clone a script from either game.Lighting or game.ReplicatedStorage and then run it. The game properly clones the script into game.Workspace, but it does not run it. The script is very simple, something like :

Code:
while wait() do
    print("Hello world!")   
end
I'm puzzled, no idea why this is happening. The "disabled" property is turned to false, so that's not the issue. Pls help.

Ratings
Roblox
MythicalShade
Hello

I'm trying to clone a script from either game.Lighting or game.ReplicatedStorage and then run it. The game properly clones the script into game.Workspace, but it does not run it. The script is very simple, something like :

Code:
while wait() do
    print("Hello world!")  
end
I'm puzzled, no idea why this is happening. The "disabled" property is turned to false, so that's not the issue. Pls help.
What kind of script are you cloning? LocalScripts won't run in workspace. If you're cloning the server script from a local script, it also won't run.

Ratings
Roblox
proclet
It's a regular Script, not a Local Script. Also, it is located in ReplicatedStorage, not in ServerScriptService.
It is being called by a LocalScript, located in StarterGui.

Ratings
Roblox
MythicalShade
It's a regular Script, not a Local Script. Also, it is located in ReplicatedStorage, not in ServerScriptService.
It is being called by a LocalScript, located in StarterGui.
I haven’t tested it, but I don’t think regular scripts cloned directly by a local script will run. You’d probably have to use an event to clone it instead.