Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

controversial opinion: swear words mean nothing

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

SodaDrop

Janitor
Pro
Feb 21, 2018
Hell
womenafter50.com
Roblox
Strengthened_Silence
Discord
JuiceDrop
agreed mostly.
the n word and other racial/offensive slurs though, i don't think is right to say. it's rude because you're essentially being offensive to people the word is targeted towards.
yeah, except me. only i am allowed to say slurs.

hess

DragonForce 🏳️‍🌈🤘
Pro
Feb 3, 2021
Moneta, Virginia
Roblox
non_hyphenated
Discord
hess#8260
cold take, the only time they have any meaning is when used as an insult

Matterulo433

Mar 13, 2020
some place far far away
Roblox
matterulo435
Discord
Matter#9351
Words can become swear words because of either of these 4 reasons.
  1. The word in question is offensive to a group of people ( turning it into a slur).
  2. The word can be used as an insult and can disturb a work environment.
  3. The word has inappropriate meanings or is commonly used in inappropriate environments.
  4. The word is simply not fitted for a work environment; you're just seen as immature if you use them.
I also want to say that words have a more than just meanings. They also have connotations, or how the word is viewed. For example, interested and nosy have the same meaning, but different connotations. Interested is used to describe a curious person wanting to learn more about something, while nosy is used to insult people who want to learn too much.

KillerSus

Janitor
Pro
Oct 27, 2018
Mongus
linktr.ee
Roblox
CrayClark
Discord
Killnos XD#3261
  1. The word in question is offensive to a group of people ( turning it into a slur).
  3. The word has inappropriate meanings or is commonly used in inappropriate environments.
  4. The word is simply not fitted for a work environment; you're just seen as immature if you use them.
I also want to say that words have a more than just meanings. They also have connotations, or how the word is viewed. For example, interested and nosy have the same meaning, but different connotations. Interested is used to describe a curious person wanting to learn more about something, while nosy is used to insult people who want to learn too much.
Thanks for the definition, now show examples.

Reactions: CrazyExperience

SodaDrop

Janitor
Pro
Feb 21, 2018
Hell
womenafter50.com
Roblox
Strengthened_Silence
Discord
JuiceDrop
the n word
the r word
the f word
the sh word
the a word
the b word
the c word
the word (aka the bird)

OmarFromBurgerKing

Top 0.0001% Member
Mar 4, 2018
Real/Trapper
Roblox
OmarFromBurgerKing
the n word
the r word
the f word
the sh word
the a word
the b word
the c word
the word (aka the bird)
Neighbor
Robots
Fish
Shuttle
Apple
Boy
Cat
The bird
You can’t cancel someone who doesn’t care 😈😎

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
Neighbor
Robots
Fish
Shuttle
Apple
Boy
Cat
The bird
My neighbor's friends are robots that love fish and live in a shuttle named "Apple", but one boy wanted to name it "Cat", so he asked the bird and the bird said, "No."

All the words used the order given

Reactions: SodaDrop

KillerSus

Janitor
Pro
Oct 27, 2018
Mongus
linktr.ee
Roblox
CrayClark
Discord
Killnos XD#3261
Neighbor
Robots
Fish
Shuttle
Apple
Boy
Cat
The bird
My neighbor's friends are robots that love fish and live in a shuttle named "Apple", but one boy wanted to name it "Cat", so he asked the bird and the bird said, "No."

All the words used the order given
Stop being so offensive.

Reactions: SodaDrop
Status
Not open for further replies.