Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Drawing...

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

M1SSPH0B1A

Jan 6, 2021
Earth, California
web.roblox.com
Roblox
XxSummer935VibesxX
Discord
XxSimplySummerxX #0077
Ok so um-
I REALLY want to start to practice drawings to make animatics, but I wanna learn how to draw first.
I sorta wanna draw sorta like this:
2021-01-12 (2).png
2021-01-12 (6).png 2021-01-12 (4).png
(credits to the youtuber)
I don't want to copy the exact style, but wanna do something like it.
Any tips for learning how to draw (sorta) like this and how to make it sorta my own style so I'm not copying it completely?

Reactions: riko and SleepyMind

DariYeenBean

Jan 12, 2021
Arizona
Roblox
DariYeenBean
Discord
Kashiawoo#0806
I don't draw alotta anime or manga style art, but from the little that I have done: sharp, straight lines are the things that make it look alot like traditional mange when used the right amount

SleepyMind

jester
VIP
Apr 20, 2019
I'm not a professional in the field to say whether what's the wrong or right way to finding your own art style, but I'm happy to offer a word of advice or two from own experiences! Like with almost every artist advises within the Art Community, is to find inspiration from other artists' art styles that captures interest. It could be how they draw eyes, anatomy, how simple or complex their style is. "But wouldn't that be stealing/copying?" At a beginner's stage, I believe it is perfectly fine and that's how majority of artists develops from. Just don't become heavily influenced nor impacted with one art style, or do potential harm as to tracing then taking full credit. We don't need that. >:0 Be experimental !! Look from a different perspective and mind, then make modifications of your own afterwards. From my own experience and still as of yet, my art style has been through phases of changes from simplicity to detailed, lightly influenced from other artists but with my own twist. Know that finding your art style will take time, don't expect or make it complicated for yourself thinking that by overnight, you'll have an art style by the snap of my fingers. Work at your own comfort and pace! There will be potential obstacles to overcome like art block, demotivation or not having a single idea, etc. It is part of the experience and progress of art, so don't think you are alone either. :'D There are multiple videos out there to support and provide strategies to help you get through them. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and let our mind have a cool down then try again some other day. Don't see yourself as a failure, nor let that become an excuse to not try drawing either. I could off had expanded more, if this was to be taken elsewhere but if you want to message me, don't hesitate in doing so! ^^ My discord is smol_included#3230. Best of luck !!

M1SSPH0B1A

Jan 6, 2021
Earth, California
web.roblox.com
Roblox
XxSummer935VibesxX
Discord
XxSimplySummerxX #0077
I'm not a professional in the field to say whether what's the wrong or right way to finding your own art style, but I'm happy to offer a word of advice or two from own experiences! Like with almost every artist advises within the Art Community, is to find inspiration from other artists' art styles that captures interest. It could be how they draw eyes, anatomy, how simple or complex their style is. "But wouldn't that be stealing/copying?" At a beginner's stage, I believe it is perfectly fine and that's how majority of artists develops from. Just don't become heavily influenced nor impacted with one art style, or do potential harm as to tracing then taking full credit. We don't need that. >:0 Be experimental !! Look from a different perspective and mind, then make modifications of your own afterwards. From my own experience and still as of yet, my art style has been through phases of changes from simplicity to detailed, lightly influenced from other artists but with my own twist. Know that finding your art style will take time, don't expect or make it complicated for yourself thinking that by overnight, you'll have an art style by the snap of my fingers. Work at your own comfort and pace! There will be potential obstacles to overcome like art block, demotivation or not having a single idea, etc. It is part of the experience and progress of art, so don't think you are alone either. :'D There are multiple videos out there to support and provide strategies to help you get through them. Sometimes we just need to take a step back and let our mind have a cool down then try again some other day. Don't see yourself as a failure, nor let that become an excuse to not try drawing either. I could off had expanded more, if this was to be taken elsewhere but if you want to message me, don't hesitate in doing so! ^^ My discord is smol_included#3230. Best of luck !!
Tysm! This is really going to help me!
While I was reading this I got so excited to try to draw, no matter how bad it would turn out.
I can't wait to try to experiment :D
Post automatically merged:

Wow I just posted this and immediately got reactions lol.
Is everybody online rn?

Would you be the illustrator for my manga? What's your pixiv?
Nty : )
I'm not looking to draw for anybody, but just for tips.
But gl on your manga!

i know one guy who can help you, i can give you his discord if u want (tho he doesn’t make stuff exactly like that it’s pretty similar)
How can he "help" me?

Last edited:

FarmTheCaactus

Top 0.0001% Member
VIP
Jun 16, 2020
Earth, Texas - They/Them
www.youtube.com
Roblox
FarmCaactus
Discord
dontswear#8879
Tysm! This is really going to help me!
While I was reading this I got so excited to try to draw, no matter how bad it would turn out.
I can't wait to try to experiment :D

Wow I just posted this and immediately got reactions lol.
Is everybody online rn?

Would you be the illustrator for my manga? What's your pixiv?
Nty : )
I'm not looking to draw for anybody, but just for tips.
But gl on your manga!

i know one guy who can help you, i can give you his discord if u want (tho he doesn’t make stuff exactly like that it’s pretty similar)
How can he "help" me?
he can do pretty good art, thats where i got my pfp and banner