• Register a free account to view all forum content. Click here to create your own account.

Error code 277

Runie909

Roblox
Katt208
Hello. I have found that if you connect your device with the issue to a hotspot (the hotspot can be your phone, other laptop, ect.) that it works! I have actually been dealing with this problem for a while and my dad, really freaking smart, figured out that you can use a hotspot to fix it. I hope this helps!

jasony1230

Roblox
jason19148
This can't be a server issue because I had 2 accounts on the same server at once and the other account (not the account that received the error code) didn't disconnect.

Roblox
TabeticGuide
This is not an internet connection issue. I created a game in Developer, and as long as I run it there, the game performs flawlessly. As soon as I made it public 3 days ago, error code 277 kept popping up after 2 minutes of game play. My beta testers are not happy and are complaining of the same thing. I have a top of the line laptop and high speed internet, so this is not a client issue; This is a Roblox server issue.

Mommapegs

Roblox
Mommapegs
This may or may not be related to the 277 Error any of you are getting. But here is my fun experience for what it is worth.

I have been a software developer for almost 20 years now. Even managed large groups of developers. And I never ever spend time writing solutions to tech problems even though I read them all the time. The fact that I created an account on this forum just to write this should tell you how infuriating Error Code 277 has been to someone who has WAY better things to do.

We bought my son a very expensive gaming laptop for Christmas. Well.. expensive for a 14 year old with no income. Got it all setup. Everything worked EXCEPT Roblox where at least every game he tried to open got the 277 error trying to load. VERY Frustrating since that is most of what he does on his computer. $1300 seemed to disappear down the drain. It made me sick. If given the time though, I do know how to troubleshoot. So here is what I found:

New Windows 10 Laptop/2 year old wireless router combo = BAD
New Windows 10 Laptop/plugged directly into old wireless router combo = GOOD
New Windows 10 Laptop/wireless routers at friends and family's houses(most newer routers) = GOOD
2 Year old Windows 10 desktop running wireless adapter/2 year old wireless router combo = GOOD
3 Year Old Windows 8 Laptop/2 year old wireless router = GOOD

And for the record, we have only had an issue with Roblox. Me being a developer and him doing a lot of gaming, we cover a lot of ground.

So everything worked everywhere except the new laptop running wirelessly on an older wireless router/modem combo. The issues had to be with the router. He has been plugged into the router directly to play Roblox on his new computer until today when I decided to buckle down and try to seriously figure out the issue. I suspected a port issue. Roblox site says UDP Ports 49152 - 65535 should be open (which is the new standard default range as of 2018). Prior to 2018 the default range was 1025 - 5000. Suspiciously timely update. So I logged into the router (the login info for mine was located underneath the unit). There were no port restrictions that I could see. Then I logged into my account for my ISP and refreshed my device (which knocked the internet out a couple mins). Guess what? It works now. It is possible the computer or the ISP or Roblox ran an update in the last few weeks that fixed it and we didn't know because he has stayed plugged in. All I can say is that I did nothing other than go away for Christmas and refresh my equipment by logging into my Spectrum account when I came back from Holiday and it works now.

Roblox
TabeticGuide
This may or may not be related to the 277 Error any of you are getting. But here is my fun experience for what it is worth.

I have been a software developer for almost 20 years now. Even managed large groups of developers. And I never ever spend time writing solutions to tech problems even though I read them all the time. The fact that I created an account on this forum just to write this should tell you how infuriating Error Code 277 has been to someone who has WAY better things to do.

We bought my son a very expensive gaming laptop for Christmas. Well.. expensive for a 14 year old with no income. Got it all setup. Everything worked EXCEPT Roblox where at least every game he tried to open got the 277 error trying to load. VERY Frustrating since that is most of what he does on his computer. $1300 seemed to disappear down the drain. It made me sick. If given the time though, I do know how to troubleshoot. So here is what I found:

New Windows 10 Laptop/2 year old wireless router combo = BAD
New Windows 10 Laptop/plugged directly into old wireless router combo = GOOD
New Windows 10 Laptop/wireless routers at friends and family's houses(most newer routers) = GOOD
2 Year old Windows 10 desktop running wireless adapter/2 year old wireless router combo = GOOD
3 Year Old Windows 8 Laptop/2 year old wireless router = GOOD

And for the record, we have only had an issue with Roblox. Me being a developer and him doing a lot of gaming, we cover a lot of ground.

So everything worked everywhere except the new laptop running wirelessly on an older wireless router/modem combo. The issues had to be with the router. He has been plugged into the router directly to play Roblox on his new computer until today when I decided to buckle down and try to seriously figure out the issue. I suspected a port issue. Roblox site says UDP Ports 49152 - 65535 should be open (which is the new standard default range as of 2018). Prior to 2018 the default range was 1025 - 5000. Suspiciously timely update. So I logged into the router (the login info for mine was located underneath the unit). There were no port restrictions that I could see. Then I logged into my account for my ISP and refreshed my device (which knocked the internet out a couple mins). Guess what? It works now. It is possible the computer or the ISP or Roblox ran an update in the last few weeks that fixed it and we didn't know because he has stayed plugged in. All I can say is that I did nothing other than go away for Christmas and refresh my equipment by logging into my Spectrum account when I came back from Holiday and it works now.
Interesting read. I have a new windows 10 laptop, but my router is older. Maybe that's the issue.....still though. It runs everything I throw at it except for Roblox. Hmmmmm.