ERROR CODE 279?!!

HNFrobloxG

Nov 26, 2018
Roblox
HNFrobloxG
I want to play roblox but it disconnect me.. It says "ID=17: Connection Attempt Failed Error Code = 279" But i can watch youtube with the same wifi?!! I can googling, i can watch yt, but i can't play roblox?!! HOW DO I FIX THIS?!

Captcinn

Top 0.0001% Member
Mar 5, 2018
Antarctica
Roblox
captcinn
I want to play roblox but it disconnect me.. It says "ID=17: Connection Attempt Failed Error Code = 279" But i can watch youtube with the same wifi?!! I can googling, i can watch yt, but i can't play roblox?!! HOW DO I FIX THIS?!
its on roblox's end

Coolcatmomi

Exemplar Member
Feb 24, 2018
london ontario
www.youtube.com
Roblox
typicalgamer_yt11
Discord
okayyyy#7928
its on roblox's end
yes error codes are something we cannot deal with

LuisDaGamer

Apr 19, 2018
The Internet
Roblox
Surf4cePen
Discord
Surf4cePen#3536
Just shove a cactus up your computer's USB port

Hilimart

Dec 3, 2018
Roblox
Hilimart
Discord
Hilimart#2793
i think it's the wifi. i can't play roblox with my schools wifi but i can play at home and with my own data (on phone)

magicanimalboy1

Dec 11, 2018
Roblox
magicanimalboy1
I will say this I do have the problems but I think it is only when you join a slow game. The current game i am joining has 2 slow games and 2 that are compleatly fine so i would recomend in this sernaro to join from the server list and it should hopefully fix it!

I will say though that slow games should be not deleted but when pressing play it should not auto join to one that is slow only if you manually join so eventually it should disappear with new servers opening.

sgtandy

Jan 12, 2019
Roblox
sgtandy
We were getting this error. We changed settings on our router, specifically the firewall settings. What we did was allowed this: UDP 49152-65535 -> Any for HTTPS and HTTP.