FAQ: Is Roblox safe for kids? | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

FAQ: Is Roblox safe for kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs
Roblox is safe for children. We looked into this and people have said it is save!
Please message me for anymore info or reply to this post.
Roblox has had its downsides and have had stalkers and people trying to scare younger children.
The recommended age is 9+ but any age can go on the app.
Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news

Generalissimus

Aug 18, 2018
Lääne-Virumaa, Estonia
Roblox
kristofer2058
I think that most people act inappropriately and the catalog is full of inappropriate clothing which is considered "cool" now-a-days.

Those two are big factors so I'd say it's somewhat safe for kids.

Reactions: RobloxNews

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs
I think that most people act inappropriately and the catalog is full of inappropriate clothing which is considered "cool" now-a-days.

Those two are big factors so I'd say it's somewhat safe for kids.
Thanks for the info! This is pretty much true 🤣

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Roblox has had its downsides and have had stalkers and people trying to scare younger children.
This happens universally around the internet. This also happens in grocery stores, neighborhoods, and family gatherings. If parents want nothing more than to keep their child safe, they can seal them up in an underground shelter. If they want them to learn and experience life, they need to teach them about internet safety and keep an eye on them and the people around them both online and off.

In my opinion, internet safety should not be up to companies and websites. You're more safe online than you are walking down the street if you're properly educated; this should be up to the parent. You don't let a child cross a street without looking or swim before they know how, why should the internet be treated differently?

Reactions: Jakkeriy

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs
Good advice! This is very true 1 of our team had to go through this phase 😢

PokyStuffed

Exemplar Member
Oct 9, 2019
the place where you least expect
Roblox
poky_stuffed
This happens universally around the internet. This also happens in grocery stores, neighborhoods, and family gatherings. If parents want nothing more than to keep their child safe, they can seal them up in an underground shelter. If they want them to learn and experience life, they need to teach them about internet safety and keep an eye on them and the people around them both online and off.

In my opinion, internet safety should not be up to companies and websites. You're more safe online than you are walking down the street if you're properly educated; this should be up to the parent. You don't let a child cross a street without looking or swim before they know how, why should the internet be treated differently?
tell that to the FTC lol
Edit: it's not exactly the same, but still same concept. parents should be responsible

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs

tell that to the FTC lol
🤣

Captcinn

Steamed Clams!
Mar 5, 2018
USA
www.roblox.com
Roblox
captcinn
Discord
Captcinn#2528
Roblox is safe for children. We looked into this and people have said it is save!
Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news
I personally think if you're in a game with exploit protection and are smart enough to not give away important info (contact info, city, age, etc.) then you're safe

Burger

Nov 22, 2018
Roblox
Burgerman3481
It is for kids but there are still bad games & exploits on ROBLOX that can expose children to 18+ content. However, this doesnt happen often. So tha game is reccomended for kids 10 - any age

lmmy

May 28, 2018
Porter, Indiana
Roblox
lmmy
The internet as a whole is not safe for children in the slightest. Especially since children on average are as dumb as bricks. Children need to be taught how to keep themselves safe online.

the problem is nobody is teaching them anymore, parents are just tossing an iPhone at a 9 year old who immediately gets situated on social media, and then they blame the security of the website when some weirdo starts contacting their kid

So no, like anywhere on the internet, it is not child safe and no coppa certification or account settings will make Roblox safe, because the key factor in safety online is the user.

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs
The internet as a whole is not safe for children in the slightest. Especially since children on average are as dumb as bricks. Children need to be taught how to keep themselves safe online.

the problem is nobody is teaching them anymore, parents are just tossing an iPhone at a 9 year old who immediately gets situated on social media, and then they blame the security of the website when some weirdo starts contacting their kid

So no, like anywhere on the internet, it is not child safe and no coppa certification or account settings will make Roblox safe, because the key factor in safety online is the user.
Quite right!
Post automatically merged:

Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news
I personally think if you're in a game with exploit protection and are smart enough to not give away important info (contact info, city, age, etc.) then you're safe
Yeah

Chef

Nov 4, 2018
Kings Throne
Roblox
Cshef
no one should be allowed on roblox just for the sake of their brain power

i remember in the earlier days the worst thing that could ever happen is someone od'ing or someone calling you a noob

now it's just filled with cringy roleplayers, weebs, wannabe ghetto kids, depressed losers, n toxic peeps

RobloxNews

Banned
Dec 19, 2019
Roblox
lovegamingandvlogs

i remember in the earlier days the worst thing that could ever happen is someone od'ing or someone calling you a noob

now it's just filled with cringy roleplayers, weebs, wannabe ghetto kids, depressed losers, n toxic peeps
Mhm

Killnus

Oct 27, 2018
Hungary
Roblox
CrayClark
Discord
Killnus aka Frog Boy#8064
not fully because you can easily make a game that only 13+ people can play but sadly most of the horror games don't use that

Nov 6, 2019
Roblox
MarioManiacDude
Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news
Well, not if allow items like this! https://web.roblox.com/catalog/4085923851 I will boycott Reverse_Polarity from now on!

lmmy

May 28, 2018
Porter, Indiana
Roblox
lmmy

it has literally always been like that
except when i was a noob the chatfilter was nonexistent so you could call eachother the n-word
it wasnt better before, it was the same just with less people, dont be blinded by the nostalgia goggles

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news
Well, not if allow items like this! https://web.roblox.com/catalog/4085923851 I will boycott Reverse_Polarity from now on!
badass shades.PNG
squirtle squad.jpg

Last edited:

Chef

Nov 4, 2018
Kings Throne
Roblox
Cshef

it has literally always been like that
except when i was a noob the chatfilter was nonexistent so you could call eachother the n-word
it wasnt better before, it was the same just with less people, dont be blinded by the nostalgia goggles
literally not true
because it's mainly this newer generation of roblox players that are just filled with all these cringy things
it ain't the same, it's facts
Post automatically merged:

Do you think its safe?
Signed
Tom
Owner of Roblox news
this is ironic right
please be ironic

Status
Not open for further replies.
General
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Generalissimus Generalissimus: It's... hair?