Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Filter game search to just show games age appropriate?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

tim091

Dec 9, 2020
My seven year old and I like to play together, but finding games that are available to him is next to impossible. For example, if he searches "two player tycoon" then the results list shows all the the two player tycoon games. He has to click on each one to find out if he can play it or if it is not available to him (he is set up as age seven and obviously has under 13 restrictions set).

It seems that most games are not available to him (most of which I can't see why they should be blocked - no violence etc.).

Is there a way of filtering the results to only show games that are available to him?

Alternatively, if I search (as an adult) then it would be useful if each game showed its age rating so I could then launch a game that I know he could join. I can't find the age rating on games - is it somewhere (is there a list of the "curated" games available for under 13?)?

RealZuze

>:3
VIP
Dec 20, 2020
a place that is unknown
Roblox
Zuzenita13
Discord
♕ ✦ —• Yellow Toast •— ✦ ♕#2209
We arent roblox and we cant help you. I just wanna say that if he doesnt search anything 13+ then he wont get to 13+ games. You could message roblox support even though you'll get a bot response.

tim091

Dec 9, 2020
I know you aren't Roblox! I was looking for some tip from other users on what I might be missing as I can't see a way of doing it.

I can say that no, whatever he searches on he gets a mixture of games he can play and games he can't (the green play bar has a no entry sign through it which I take to mean age restricted).

RealZuze

VIP
Dec 20, 2020
a place that is unknown
Roblox
Zuzenita13
Discord
I know you aren't Roblox! I was looking for some tip from other users on what I might be missing as I can't see a way of doing it.

I can say that no, whatever he searches on he gets a mixture of games he can play and games he can't (the green play bar has a no entry sign through it which I take to mean age restricted).
That's pretty weird. Hmm.. I don't really know what to say anymore. I would probably use the game page to find games since most of them are for children.

Reactions: TinyTank

tim091

Dec 9, 2020

That's pretty weird. Hmm.. I don't really know what to say anymore. I would probably use the game page to find games since most of them are for children.
Thanks, I wonder if something is screwed with his account as I would say that seven out of ten games displayed to him on the Games page can't be played by him, and as I say they mostly look pretty innocent.

• Cute
Reactions: RealZuze

RealZuze

VIP
Dec 20, 2020
a place that is unknown
Roblox
Zuzenita13
Discord

Thanks, I wonder if something is screwed with his account as I would say that seven out of ten games displayed to him on the Games page can't be played by him, and as I say they mostly look pretty innocent.
Well I would recommend him playing kids games then after that he should use the "Recommended for you" section.

Reactions: tim091

tim091

Dec 9, 2020
Thanks for your help. I'll get him to check out the recommended games as they surely must be age appropriate. If it doesn't let him play them then I will investigate if his account is screwed in some way.

Status
Not open for further replies.