I can't find a Roblox game to play

Malcheonne

Jun 6, 2019
Roblox
NathanSmith01
Okay... I am not trying to attack anyone with this thread, but I am just really sick of the repetition that exists on Roblox.

After Legends of Speed came out, I am just getting really tired of the massive repetition of simulators.

I am fine with tycoons, because even if they are boring... At least they aren't massive cash-grabs. Yes, I am calling simulators giant cash-grabs that make Roblox viable for a lawsuit. Reason as to why: They allowed simulators to begin with, thus allowing people to make P2W games. Bad for the obvious reason of it being completely unfair for people who want to play it completely free.

Last time I am gonna say this: I am not attacking the devs of the games. I am attacking the simulators in general, but not the devs. They're good people for trying to make games, and that is what I can understand. But holy... You think this is getting old by any means? People enjoy it, yes, but this makes Roblox a platform that basically SCREAMS P2W for 95% of their games. (Of course, this is exaggerated.)

My request: Please... Stop the simulators already, and PLEASE make something intuitive. A tabletop action card game, a traditional turn-based co-op RPG, ANYTHING. Just NOT. A. SIMULATOR.

Sorry if this was a bit aggressive, but I hate it as much as KonekoKitten, and I am using his points, which do have validity, since he is an old player.

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Okay... I am not trying to attack anyone with this thread, but I am just really sick of the repetition that exists on Roblox.

After Legends of Speed came out, I am just getting really tired of the massive repetition of simulators.

I am fine with tycoons, because even if they are boring... At least they aren't massive cash-grabs. Yes, I am calling simulators giant cash-grabs that make Roblox viable for a lawsuit. Reason as to why: They allowed simulators to begin with, thus allowing people to make P2W games. Bad for the obvious reason of it being completely unfair for people who want to play it completely free.

Last time I am gonna say this: I am not attacking the devs of the games. I am attacking the simulators in general, but not the devs. They're good people for trying to make games, and that is what I can understand. But holy... You think this is getting old by any means? People enjoy it, yes, but this makes Roblox a platform that basically SCREAMS P2W for 95% of their games. (Of course, this is exaggerated.)

My request: Please... Stop the simulators already, and PLEASE make something intuitive. A tabletop action card game, a traditional turn-based co-op RPG, ANYTHING. Just NOT. A. SIMULATOR.

Sorry if this was a bit aggressive, but I hate it as much as KonekoKitten, and I am using his points, which do have validity, since he is an old player.
I fail to see how any of that would put Roblox in a situation where they could get sued. That said, if you're bored, there are plenty of games out there that aren't simulators and tycoons or cash-grabs. I typically avoid them like the plague.

DarkBlox and Vesteria are good RPGs. Dungeon Quest and Master Keys are pretty solid dungeon crawlers. If killing zombies is your thing, you can check out Project Lazarus. Tower Battles is a tower defense similar to Bloons. Tiny Tanks and Epic Minigames can be fun when you don't have long to play. And if you liked Pokemon: Brick Bronze before it got taken down, the same devs are working on their own Pokemon-esque game called Loomian Legacy. It's unreleased, but they're estimating just over a week or two until it's ready at this point. You can keep up with their progress on their twitter if you're curious.

Malcheonne

Jun 6, 2019
Roblox
NathanSmith01
Okay... After reviewing my reasons, I don't see why they can get sued anymore. Oopsie.

But the games... Generally aren't as interesting for me as it seems. DarkBlox would be fine if dodging wasn't broken, Vesteria, I HAVE tried, is a traditional RPG, but without the strategy of choosing your attack unlike Adventure Story, which I don't have. Dungeon Quest has the issue of avoiding stuff solo being actually impossible, especially since enemies are faster. Master Keys is a game I'd play, but since there are no saves, it makes beating the game kind of a chore. I am not into bloody games, so Project Lazarus was a no-go, I am not a fan of strategy games, so Tower Battles got old for me, Tiny Tanks can have you get screwed by a guy with very good stuff, Epic Minigames is PvP, hence a skilled player can outright deny your chance of winning, assuming they can beat you to the finish faster than you possibly ever could, and I am not a fan of Pokemon, as all you do is select skills to dmg your opponent, so Loomian Legacy is a nope for me.

I see why people like these games, but I can't find any I enjoy personally.

Btw, Ima change the topic to: I can't find a Roblox game to play.

How do I change titles?

3lectricC

Feb 15, 2019
magic land
Honestly, I hate simulators. I really don't have anything against the developers, but I hate simulators and many of the Roblox youtubers that rely on simulators to keep their channel going. I'm not naming any youtubers, but it's easy to think of a few.

I have nothing against tycoons either, since when I joined in 2016 there were many that I really enjoyed.

I think Roblox is lacking originality nowadays, though. I'm currently building a game, and working with 3 development studios to make games some games on Roblox. Do I think any of them have made/are making original games? Not really. I'm okay with it, since it isn't any simulators, or games that have been remade about 120+ times. All devs that I work with have nothing against me, and I have nothing against them. In fact, we get along just fine.

I'm currently making a game that will be completely unique compared to any other Roblox games. I'm not going to reveal any serious info on it, but it will be unique.

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Okay... After reviewing my reasons, I don't see why they can get sued anymore. Oopsie.

But the games... Generally aren't as interesting for me as it seems. DarkBlox would be fine if dodging wasn't broken, Vesteria, I HAVE tried, is a traditional RPG, but without the strategy of choosing your attack unlike Adventure Story, which I don't have. Dungeon Quest has the issue of avoiding stuff solo being actually impossible, especially since enemies are faster. Master Keys is a game I'd play, but since there are no saves, it makes beating the game kind of a chore. I am not into bloody games, so Project Lazarus was a no-go, I am not a fan of strategy games, so Tower Battles got old for me, Tiny Tanks can have you get screwed by a guy with very good stuff, Epic Minigames is PvP, hence a skilled player can outright deny your chance of winning, assuming they can beat you to the finish faster than you possibly ever could, and I am not a fan of Pokemon, as all you do is select skills to dmg your opponent, so Loomian Legacy is a nope for me.

I see why people like these games, but I can't find any I enjoy personally.

Btw, Ima change the topic to: I can't find a Roblox game to play.

How do I change titles?
The dodging in DarkBlox isn't really broken, it just takes some getting used to. Personally, I just got bored with it. Vesteria is more of an action than a strategy like Adventure Story, but there are abilities. I bought Adventure Story just to check it out; despite being relatively well made, it's slow and boring turn-based play, so if you don't like strategy or Pokemon it would be a hard no for you. Yes, Dungeon Quest actually requires a little skill to be good at it. I'm currently level 110 and can solo Samurai Palace, on Nightmare, with Hardcore. It's not impossible, I don't even have epic ancestrals or the new legendaries yet. If you're running on a potato you may have some latency that would add to the challenge. Master Keys is a multi-player rogue-like, so yeah, you can't save your position in a dungeon. Bloody or violent games just aren't for everyone. Neither are Tower defense games. They're slow to build up and require strategy to be any good. Also, Tower Battles pretty much never has updates anymore. Tiny Tanks also takes a little skill; the biggest downfall with that game is that there are exploiters due to poorly implemented sanity checks. Epic Minigames does have some PvP in it, so if you're not skilled, I guess it could make it difficult.

As for games that aren't challenging, PvP, or bloody, and don't require any real skill or strategy, there's always Adopt Me or Robot 64.

General
Help Users
    SavageFanBoy SavageFanBoy: where are you