I have high ping in every Roblox game please help. | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

I have high ping in every Roblox game please help.

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!

NovaxOVA

Aug 1, 2020
Roblox
NovaxOVA
It started about 5 or 6 days ago, in every Roblox game I joined I get 1000-3000ms ping. I've tried reinstalling Roblox, disabling firewall, and enabling ports. I've tested my ping in CSGO and I get 45ms ping on Asian servers so It's definitely not my WI-FI, from what I observed my ping starts being bad from 8am-9pm, after 9pm it starts going down back to 40-100ms ping. I've done a speed test, my download and upload speed are relatively the same before this started happening.

Attachments

FarmTheCaactus

Jun 16, 2020
Dwarf Planet, Pluto
www.youtube.com
Roblox
DecisiveNoobziez
Discord
dontswear#8879
ping is when ur further away from the servers. all roblox servers are hosted in either Tokyo or California. if you are close to Tokyo servers (or moderately close even) then I don't know what to tell you. sorry.

• Meh
Reactions: Chef

NovaxOVA

Aug 1, 2020
Roblox
NovaxOVA
ping is when ur further away from the servers. all roblox servers are hosted in either Tokyo or California. if you are close to Tokyo servers (or moderately close even) then I don't know what to tell you. sorry.
I know that, it's not relevant to my problem cause even on VIP servers I host I get bad ping on the certain times, also ping isn't always about the distance between me and the server, it can also be caused of bad upload speed. I honestly don't know how to fix this, it's been 5 days and there's no signs of improvement.

NovaxOVA

Aug 1, 2020
Roblox
NovaxOVA
how is it possible to hook up a vip server to your own? just curious. and just try to search up what causes bad ping and see if at least one of those is happening to you.
From what I know if you join an empty VIP server, the host server will be closer to your PC. Also, thing is I only get bad ping from Roblox, I don't get bad ping from other games.

FarmTheCaactus

Jun 16, 2020
Dwarf Planet, Pluto
www.youtube.com
Roblox
DecisiveNoobziez
Discord
dontswear#8879
a vip server just means you have a free server no one else can join (unless they're whitelisted). maybe its possible to somehow figure out a bug/plugin that allows you to hook up to your server (if you own one) and then try it. I don't think it's possible personally but it might be.

to avoid doing all that work an easier way is when you're going on a trip make it somewhere near Tokyo/California. if not it'd be fine but your ping would be higher/high.

• Meh
Reactions: Chef

NovaxOVA

Aug 1, 2020
Roblox
NovaxOVA
a vip server just means you have a free server no one else can join (unless they're whitelisted). maybe its possible to somehow figure out a bug/plugin that allows you to hook up to your server (if you own one) and then try it. I don't think it's possible personally but it might be.

to avoid doing all that work an easier way is when you're going on a trip make it somewhere near Tokyo/California. if not it'd be fine but your ping would be higher/high.
I'm not sure what you're telling me to do, I'm reading forms about problems simillar to mine but all of them are not roblox related. Most of them talk about ping spiking not averaging high ping, anyways the ones that I read talk about multiple devices using the same Wifi. I'll try to see if anythings running in the background of my PC that's taking so much bandwidth, since I'm the only one that uses the Wifi at home, I netcut the other devices.
Post automatically merged:

Could it just be Roblox servers and not my wifi or PC? Cause like I said my ping's only bad in Roblox servers not other games, and it's also only bad in certain times of the day.

Last edited:

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012

I'm not sure what you're telling me to do, I'm reading forms about problems simillar to mine but all of them are not roblox related. Most of them talk about ping spiking not averaging high ping, anyways the ones that I read talk about multiple devices using the same Wifi. I'll try to see if anythings running in the background of my PC that's taking so much bandwidth, since I'm the only one that uses the Wifi at home, I netcut the other devices.
Post automatically merged:

Could it just be Roblox servers and not my wifi or PC? Cause like I said my ping's only bad in Roblox servers not other games, and it's also only bad in certain times of the day.
It's just Roblox being a potato, a few days ago my ping was through the roof too. If they don't figure it out you can try to contact support, but it shouldn't last more than a few days.

General
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Thecoolguy16183 Thecoolguy16183: hey @Vipnoob07 i added you on roblox friend me its thecoolguy16183