Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Importing .bsp files?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

gamer55

Apr 13, 2021
Roblox
no
So, I'd ask on the devforums if I actually had access to them, but is it possible to import .bsp files into Roblox Studio? I've seen so many 1:1 recreations of Source engine maps, even very large ones. It's possible they remade them, but it seems impossibly accurate. So, is it possible to import .bsp files into roblox studio?

riko

thats my name!
Ultra
May 5, 2020
Montreal
youtu.be
Roblox
Riko_okiR
Discord
Masked Ruby#4945
No, roblox operates on a whole other file type, .rblxm, your best bet is to recreate them on your own

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
So, I'd ask on the devforums if I actually had access to them, but is it possible to import .bsp files into Roblox Studio? I've seen so many 1:1 recreations of Source engine maps, even very large ones. It's possible they remade them, but it seems impossibly accurate. So, is it possible to import .bsp files into roblox studio?
Source engine maps on Roblox are just recreated with studio editor from scratch, for example, ROLVe's Counter Blox maps are just things that you can do with regular Roblox Studio without importing files. And files that contain the .bsp file extension are used with the Quake software, albeit not limited to the Quake software.

gamer55

Apr 13, 2021
Roblox
no
Source engine maps on Roblox are just recreated with studio editor from scratch, for example, ROLVe's Counter Blox maps are just things that you can do with regular Roblox Studio without importing files. And files that contain the .bsp file extension are used with the Quake software, albeit not limited to the Quake software.
Source maps in Roblox just seem so perfectly copied though, they must take months to recreate.

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
Source maps in Roblox just seem so perfectly copied though, they must take months to recreate.
Well, if you had a certain amount of caffeine in your body and had your mind set only on a map, you could finish something in less than a month by yourself. (depends on map)

Status
Not open for further replies.