Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Initial thoughts about the Champions of the Metaverse event?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

Do you like this event?

• Yes

Votes: 5 19.2%
  • Meh

Votes: 6 23.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 26.9%
  • I don't care/ I don't play this event

Votes: 8 30.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Matterulo433

Mar 13, 2020
some place far far away
Roblox
matterulo435
Discord
Matter#9351
Personally, I think that it’s surprisingly good. The event has 180 games; however, you don’t need to go through all the games. You only need to go to 4 games a week per champion. Each champion has a different selection of games, which changes each week. In each game, you can snag mystery boxes for completing quests that are based off of the champion. You can only grab 4 boxes from each champion per week. The fact that you can only play 4 games per week for a champion makes this event way more organized. The event also has a hub as well.

In my opinion, this event has a good start. It's not as good as the egg hunts, but it's better than egg hunt 2020.

pacmanrace

Apr 1, 2021
Roblox
pacmanrace
It's meh. The games are good, but charging 25 robux for access to a badge is scummy.
Post automatically merged:

Some things also include Bugs with obtaining the MVP Launcher, games having similar ideas. There's 2 difficulty chart obbies.

Last edited:
Reactions: DenisDailyFan1

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
Eh, I would honestly rather collect items from older events like the 2009 World of Woods contest that gave you the Treehugger Visor as a participation award.

It's also limited now!

dustydan2

Mar 4, 2021
L'oasis de meme
www.google.com
Roblox
dustydan2
Discord
dustydan#9157
I'm disappointed because the ROBLOX egg hunts were a testament to future ROBLOX. Replacing them with a "Metaverse champions" which is in my opinion a dumb mistake. I know little kids wouldn't care, and would like the metaverse champions because they don't remember the good old days of the classic egg hunt. I am upset that they ruined the decade-long tradition of the egg hunts but I am not mad at the event in general. Technically they ruined them in 2019 with 2018 being the best one ever. In 2018, the saying "All good things must come to and end" was apparent to the egg hunts because the 2018 one was so good that they ruined it in 2019.

• Meh
Reactions: trains and cookie

Matterulo433

Mar 13, 2020
some place far far away
Roblox
matterulo435
Discord
Matter#9351
I'm disappointed because the ROBLOX egg hunts were a testament to future ROBLOX. Replacing them with a "Metaverse champions" which is in my opinion a dumb mistake. I know little kids wouldn't care, and would like the metaverse champions because they don't remember the good old days of the classic egg hunt. I am upset that they ruined the decade-long tradition of the egg hunts but I am not mad at the event in general. Technically they ruined them in 2019 with 2018 being the best one ever. In 2018, the saying "All good things must come to and end" was apparent to the egg hunts because the 2018 one was so good that they ruined it in 2019.
As someone who was a fan egg hunts since 2017, I will miss them. However, I don’t hate the replacement.

• Cute
Reactions: trains

fes

Feb 23, 2021
Roblox
fes_77YT
Honestly, I have no idea why people are getting mad over the event, It is genuinely good (And it helped manhunt get more people in their game if you are on Aj Strikers team.
they are mad because one of aj strikers games to get chests is liberty county and it costs robux

Matterulo433

Mar 13, 2020
some place far far away
Roblox
matterulo435
Discord
Matter#9351
Honestly, I have no idea why people are getting mad over the event, It is genuinely good (And it helped manhunt get more people in their game if you are on Aj Strikers team.
they are mad because one of aj strikers games to get chests is liberty county and it costs robux
You don’t even need to play that game to complete the event. You only need to play 4 out of the 16 games provided per champion.

fes

Feb 23, 2021
Roblox
fes_77YT
You don’t even need to play that game to complete the event. You only need to play 4 out of the 16 games provided per champion.
i know

TinyTank

Exemplar Member
Feb 9, 2021
Poop Land
linktr.ee
Roblox
baristinytank1
Discord
TinyTank#6773
They are not mad at the event, they are mad at the developer.

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
It's a disaster. I saw a tweet with this image, you have to pay to get something that is meant to be for ALL players. It's great on paper, but was executed SO POORLY! View attachment 39763
"Oh I have an idea."
"What is it?"
"The Emergency Response games are pretty popular."
"And?"
"Let's make this one a part of the event."
"Doesn't it cost Robux?"
"We pay you for this job, John."
"But what about the F2Ps?"
"...Eh, forget about 'em."
"Hobbs."
"What?"
"No."
"Too bad, they already accepted it."
"HOBBS!"

Reactions: Prowood02

HunterTheRobloxian

Mar 30, 2021
Dusty Diner
Roblox
pizzahandsman53
Discord
HunterTheRobloxian
Ok, I see how people are going to get angry over that, But maybe Roblox should ask the creators to make it free for a limited time, but I doubt the creator of the game would do that just for the event.

TinyTank

Exemplar Member
Feb 9, 2021
Poop Land
linktr.ee
Roblox
baristinytank1
Discord
TinyTank#6773
Ok, I see how people are going to get angry over that, But maybe Roblox should ask the creators to make it free for a limited time, but I doubt the creator of the game would do that just for the event.
Nope, the dev on Twitter said he will not make the game free.

HunterTheRobloxian

Mar 30, 2021
Dusty Diner
Roblox
pizzahandsman53
Discord
HunterTheRobloxian
Nope, the dev on Twitter said he will not make the game free.
Well, crud.

Status
Not open for further replies.