Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

My brother was scammed, in response Roblox terminated him?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

NOT9M6I

Jan 7, 2021
Roblox
NOT9M6I
Hello everyone,

I am writing this forum to hopefully get some insight into an issue my brother experienced, as well as warn other people about a cookie logging scam going around.

To cut a long story short, my brother was cookie logged through a link on Discord, leading him to a replica of the Rolimons website. (I have attached a picture of the fake website. Hopefully this prevents someone falling for the same scam in the future.)

The scammer asked him to use it to ‘check if his items were clean’. My brother is 12, and did not know this would take his cookies. His limiteds were stolen (170k value worth), so he appealed to Roblox.

Roblox were initially, seeming helpful, giving him tips on how to start the restoration process. I helped him and we attached screenshots of what had been stolen with an explaination of what happened.

At worst, I expected that Roblox may decline a rollback due to the lack of certainty that he was scammed. I should also add that he has never received the one-time rollback before. However, they sent a reply instead saying:

“This account cannot be restored as it was permanently deleted for stealing from other accounts.

Accessing other player's accounts and stealing from other accounts is a violation of the Terms of Use.”

Now, does anyone have any idea why Roblox would terminate his account? Firstly, the account had 2 step verification and a pin, it was made originally by him and he has never logged into anyone else’s account besides his own since he started Roblox. We also took all precautions to change his password after the scam. I am completely baffled as to why they have terminated him when he was the victim. Any advice would be appreciated!

Also, yes, we sent in an appeal against the termination as soon as they emailed back, although I’m not sure if they can restore terminated accounts.

Thanks to anyone who replies!

Attachments

• E3740E50-4FE0-4310-A3D0-CF6D2A926724.jpeg
    E3740E50-4FE0-4310-A3D0-CF6D2A926724.jpeg
    77.9 KB · Views: 12
Reactions: Merulox

NotMississippiSouthern

Jan 20, 2020
Northern Mississippi
Roblox
iiSimps4gamers2005
Discord
Lance Stroll#0018
Likely someone got his ROBLOSECURITY. cookie since it was a cookie logger. If they get that they can bypass EVERYTHING you put on the account and they likely used your brother's ROBLOSECURITY cookie to get in to it and then start doing the same thing until the account is terminated.

NOT9M6I

Jan 7, 2021
Roblox
NOT9M6I
Wow... that really sucks but that explaination makes a lot of sense. I highly doubt they will give the account back after that. Thanks for the replies guys.
Post automatically merged:

Just to add, we also signed out of all sessions after the scam. Would this change his ROBLOSECURITY cookie? Or would he still be able to bypass this

Last edited: