Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

My Epic game - The Epic Obby

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gashdangit

Banned
Aug 18, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
🔧Hey, i made an Epic Roblox game called The Epic Obby . I used alot of scripting and spend alot of time making this game. I really want to make my game popular, i really can't get advertisements because..No Robux

. I had Robux but its finished and i plan to make more from my game. I assure you, this is a Fun cool Epic working game, it's an Epic obby. I have advertisements made but i cant make it spread to other players beacause i need to bid robux. If i make robux from my game i PROMISE Make Badges, Spread Ads and do EVERYTHING to build my game bigger and better. I'm kind of new here so.. yeah, this might not be the best way to make my game popular but i'm desperate and dedicated. I added a Donation System, so that players with a heart, can help me, and i appreciate all the help.

The Epic Obby
Epic Obby.png
www.roblox.com/games/5479126573/The-Epic-Obby

Ok, your choice, like the game if you liked it, it means alot of support to me
And if you REALLY like it, you can also favourite

You can buy VIP in the game.

Join Breakin' Studios

(My friend's group, he ranked me up)
If you find any bugs, report it on the group wall and i will Work on it immediately

I did some test purchases in studio for donating, ignore me as the Highest Donater.

-Gashdangit
"It's no about the level of the player in the game, but the level of the game in the player"
Follow me if u want, really need support;)

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
🔧Hey, i made an Epic Roblox game called The Epic Obby . I used alot of scripting and spend alot of time making this game. I really want to make my game popular, i really can't get advertisements because..No Robux

. I had Robux but its finished and i plan to make more from my game. I assure you, this is a Fun cool Epic working game, it's an Epic obby. I have advertisements made but i cant make it spread to other players beacause i need to bid robux. If i make robux from my game i PROMISE Make Badges, Spread Ads and do EVERYTHING to build my game bigger and better. I'm kind of new here so.. yeah, this might not be the best way to make my game popular but i'm desperate and dedicated. I added a Donation System, so that players with a heart, can help me, and i appreciate all the help.

The Epic Obby
View attachment 23683
www.roblox.com/games/5479126573/The-Epic-Obby

Ok, your choice, like the game if you liked it, it means alot of support to me
And if you REALLY like it, you can also favourite

You can buy VIP in the game.

Join Breakin' Studios

(My friend's group, he ranked me up)
If you find any bugs, report it on the group wall and i will Work on it immediately

I did some test purchases in studio for donating, ignore me as the Highest Donater.

-Gashdangit
"It's no about the level of the player in the game, but the level of the game in the player"
Follow me if u want, really need support;)
I'm not a fan of obstacle courses, but I joined to check it out and see if I could give advice anywhere. As soon as I joined, I got hit with a R$400 purchase prompt for an admin thing. After I closed that, I got hit with a R$100 prompt for "overpowered gears", which popped up a second time after I pressed cancel. Then a R$70 prompt for "hoverboard segway". Then R$75 for "premium hats". Then overpowered gears again. Hoverboard segway again. Premium hats again. I hadn't even pressed play yet, so at this point I stopped waiting for more purchase prompts to loop and pressed play after cancelling the latest prompt.

Seeing the purchase prompts still continuously popping up, I pulled out the stopwatch on my phone and figured the average time to be about 10 seconds. You're forcing a randomized purchase prompt every 10 seconds, even during gameplay. You need to think about the user experience more than your wallet. Selling products is fine - it's how developers are paid for their time and effort - but no one wants them thrown into their face every 10 seconds, especially while they're trying to progress through something like an obstacle course.

lkahsdgfljkg.gif

I made it through the first 10 stages without any deaths, and didn't see anything that hasn't been around for a decade already. You can pay to skip a stage, but you don't even save what stage the player is currently on. The custom animations are fun, but kind of choppy when paired with the default ones, and make it harder to do the actual course. I'd do away with the animations and try to be more original with your courses, and absolutely remove the purchase prompt loop, because that will make people leave before they even play.

Gashdangit

Banned
Aug 18, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
Oh, i'm sorry, i don't know why you are getting prompted to buy those game passes, i do not own any of them. I saw them pop up some time when i was testing in studio but it never happened again. Maybe if you rejoined the problem would fix. i will check my game to see what has happened right away. I would never prompt a game pass purchase like that. Yeah, sorry for that, i really didn't know, please don't dislike the game as i will try to fix this problem

trains

Top 0.0001% Member
Jul 9, 2020
nuvema town, unova · nerd
imgflip.com
Roblox
BhadTrains
Oh, i'm sorry, i don't know why you are getting prompted to buy those game passes, i do not own any of them. I saw them pop up some time when i was testing in studio but it never happened again. Maybe if you rejoined the problem would fix. i will check my game to see what has happened right away. I would never prompt a game pass purchase like that. Yeah, sorry for that, i really didn't know, please don't dislike the game as i will try to fix this problem
did you use free models?
Post automatically merged:

1597864601422.png
left because i kept getting prompted to buy dumb stuff and because those paths weren't straight

Last edited:

Gashdangit

Banned
Aug 18, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
Ok, I have no idea why this is happening, well, i'm not so 100% on scripting so i used a bit of free models. I tried to do it myself, but when i coudn't that's when i used free models. Most of the stuff are made by me. I don't think it's the free models though why these random game passes are popping up, it think it's a plugin. Even though i uninstalled it, i think it left this thing called "Core packages" that has a bunch of weird module scripts in it. Even though i attempted to delete it many times, it stays there
1597866474079.png
I deleted the contents, but the appear again when the game starts.
I fixed the paths and.. I hope my game is still is appreciated.

Yeah, but the game works fine without the pop up when i play
1597868745323.png
1597868726228.png
I asked my friends and alot of players who played, they said they never experienced these pop ups
Out of the first 580+ players who played my game, I never got a complaint about this

Please don't dislike the game as i am trying my BEST to fix this.

Attachments

• 1597868730931.png
    1597868730931.png
    944.7 KB · Views: 0

trains

Top 0.0001% Member
Jul 9, 2020
imgflip.com
Roblox
BhadTrains
Ok, I have no idea why this is happening, well, i'm not so 100% on scripting so i used a bit of free models. I tried to do it myself, but when i coudn't that's when i used free models. Most of the stuff are made by me. I don't think it's the free models though why these random game passes are popping up, it think it's a plugin. Even though i uninstalled it, i think it left this thing called "Core packages" that has a bunch of weird module scripts in it. Even though i attempted to delete it many times, it stays there
View attachment 23725
I deleted the contents, but the appear again when the game starts.
I fixed the paths and.. I hope my game is still is appreciated.

Yeah, but the game works fine without the pop up when i play
View attachment 23728
View attachment 23726
I asked my friends and alot of players who played, they said they never experienced these pop ups
Out of the first 580+ players who played my game, I never got a complaint about this

Please don't dislike the game as i am trying my BEST to fix this.
what's the point of using virused free models when u can try to put effort (no offense) xd

Gashdangit

Banned
Aug 18, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
And also, CallmeKY, i do save the stage which the player is currently on, it's in the leaderstats and also on the screen
1597869676816.png 1597869712072.png
I made all animations myself
The Skip stage works, as i have tested in studio. Everything in my game works, you have no idea how much time i have spent to make everything work.

Attachments

• 1597869647239.png
    1597869647239.png
    28 KB · Views: 0

trains

Top 0.0001% Member
Jul 9, 2020
imgflip.com
Roblox
BhadTrains
And also, CallmeKY, i do save the stage which the player is currently on, it's in the leaderstats and also on the screen
View attachment 23732 View attachment 23733
I made all animations myself
The Skip stage works, as i have tested in studio. Everything in my game works, you have no idea how much time i have spent to make everything work.
ok

Reactions: Rukreep

Gashdangit

Banned
Aug 18, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
what's the point of using virused free models when u can try to put effort (no offense) xd
[/QUOTE]

This game took 1 month to build
I put ALOT of effort in this
There is no virus
You have no idea of how many of these popular games use free models

[/QUOTE]
[/QUOTE]

This game took 1 month to build
I put ALOT of effort in this
There is no virus
You have no idea of how many of these popular games use free models

Ok i give up

Last edited:

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
Maybe if you rejoined the problem would fix.
I left and rejoined to check whether you saved stages, which is how I know that you don't save them, and the gamepasses spammed regardless. Just storing values on the server doesn't mean those values persist through plays, which it should if you offer a product that people can purchase to skip a stage. You'd need to use data stores for that. If you wanted more replay value, maybe consider randomized courses, and after each completion allow a rebirth, which grants points that can upgrade jump height, speed, etc.

As for having no idea how much time you can spend on a game; I've been coding for over 7 years, and game design in general a couple years more. I fully understand how much effort it takes to create a quality game, and a single month for one person is a drop in the ocean. Some developers spend at least 10-20 hours every day just to release an update every 2-4 weeks.

My goal was never to discourage you from development, but to give you points that in my opinion could help you improve.

Gashdangitplayz

Aug 20, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
Discord
GashdangitPlayz#7445
I left and rejoined to check whether you saved stages, which is how I know that you don't save them, and the gamepasses spammed regardless. Just storing values on the server doesn't mean those values persist through plays, which it should if you offer a product that people can purchase to skip a stage. You'd need to use data stores for that. If you wanted more replay value, maybe consider randomized courses, and after each completion allow a rebirth, which grants points that can upgrade jump height, speed, etc.

As for having no idea how much time you can spend on a game; I've been coding for over 7 years, and game design in general a couple years more. I fully understand how much effort it takes to create a quality game, and a single month for one person is a drop in the ocean. Some developers spend at least 10-20 hours every day just to release an update every 2-4 weeks.

My goal was never to discourage you from development, but to give you points that in my opinion could help you improve.
Yes, Ok, I got it, thanks for everything, i thought a month was actually something, i worked on it 8 hours a day. Well, i'm still trying, I will take all the advice and make sure my game grows bigger and better.

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012

Yes, Ok, I got it, thanks for everything, i thought a month was actually something, i worked on it 8 hours a day. Well, i'm still trying, I will take all the advice and make sure my game grows bigger and better.
It's good that you're not getting discouraged, it's always nice to see aspiring developers. Just be careful not to burn yourself out, go at your own pace. Not everyone's built for ridiculous hours, myself included.

If you run into any issues, you can always post a new thread about it and we can try to help you through it.

Reactions: Gashdangitplayz

VirusDev1

Aug 30, 2020
Roblox
VirusDev1
If there are purchase pop ups happening then remove all free models. They force people to buy them :) I made a mistake doing this and ruined my obby.

Update: The game is veryyyyy laggy. I have a low end PC so I cant play it. Try making it more play able for low end pc's. (Also I donated 50R)

Last edited:
Reactions: Gashdangitplayz

Gashdangitplayz

Aug 20, 2020
Roblox
gashdangit
Discord
GashdangitPlayz#7445
Yea i wonder if these purchases still spammed because i removed so many free models and replaced with my own creations, i honestly don't see any gamepass spams for me. I had an anti lag script in my game but i removed it because i didn't see the difference. And thank you so much for donating 50R$, that's really alot to spend on my game, i saw u on the leaderboard and it surprized me and it's what brought me here. I'm working on the game rn, still fixing bugs, thanks.

Awesomemimic111

Sep 3, 2020
Roblox
Awesomemimic111
You could let me help: my username is Awesomemimic111.

And man what is this?? This either glitched or is trolled.

oh and... sounds like u got urself a troll plugin... good luck...

oh and... sounds like u got urself a troll plugin... good luck...

How did that repeat??

Attachments

• 1599138074272.png
    1599138074272.png
    833.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.