My Game Stranded | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

My Game Stranded

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!

concentr1

Sep 3, 2020
Texas
concentr1roblox.godaddysites.com
Roblox
concentr1
Discord
concentr1#5371
If y'all know, I wasn't really successful with my "other" game Kill Land, so I found me a scripter and more, now the game is called Stranded and is STILL Building and In Beta, Right now, we are STILL working on the menu and scripts but PLEASE come and play it, you could be a Beta Tester!!, just friend me and let me know!!! Make sure to read the description to give thanks to the builder and scripter!!!!

(P.S.) Press the Image!!!! or just go to https://web.roblox.com/games/1288275904/Stranded-Beta

hellodoodie

Jul 25, 2020
Yui’s house
m.youtube.com
Roblox
hellourdoodies
Discord
Your mom
first of all the menu doesnt work, ik the game is still in beta but u should try add more to the island and ngl kinda looks like a free model
right now since theres not much to do, its pretty boring

3lectricC

Feb 15, 2019
magic land
Discord
3lectricC#1811
Isn't this the same game as before? The only difference is you removed a bunch of models, removed the music, and added a GUI that doesn't even function. Please test that the game will work and not have annoying/game-breaking bugs before you advertise it onto this forum.

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
If y'all know, I wasn't really successful with my "other" game Kill Land, so I found me a scripter and more, now the game is called Stranded and is STILL Building and In Beta, Right now, we are STILL working on the menu and scripts but PLEASE come and play it, you could be a Beta Tester!!, just friend me and let me know!!! Make sure to read the description to give thanks to the builder and scripter!!!!

(P.S.) Press the Image!!!! or just go to https://web.roblox.com/games/1288275904/Stranded-Beta
You have a menu but also lock the camera in first-person. I'd suggest either disabling the CharacterAutoLoads property of Players and handle the loading of characters yourself, or enabling the Modal property of your menu buttons so the player can use their mouse as long as the GUI is on the screen. It would also be nice if the GUI was centered.

error.PNG
These are at least part of the reason your menu doesn't work. The first is that the script is simply missing a closed parenthesis, and the second is because the correct event is MouseButton1Click (capitalization matters). To make the button work on other devices more easily, I'd also recommend using the Activated event instead.

Also, nothing about your game itself, but your scripter's profile says "I still don’t know anything of scripting but that’s fine"; if this is true I guess it is fine, but if it's not true, they should probably remove that. At least change it to something like "I'm an aspiring scripter", it's all about self branding in that case. It could potentially reflect poorly on your game for one of your vital developers to say they know nothing.

Rukreep

Exemplar Member
Jun 7, 2018
Madrid
roblox.com
Roblox
Rukreep
Discord
Rukreep#4376

concentr1

Sep 3, 2020
Texas
concentr1roblox.godaddysites.com
Roblox
concentr1
Discord
concentr1#5371
first of all the menu doesnt work, ik the game is still in beta but u should try add more to the island and ngl kinda looks like a free model
right now since theres not much to do, its pretty boring
I know, Me and my Friend are working on it, But THANK YOU SO MUCH For tying it out, it really means alot! :)
Post automatically merged:

I suggest making the photo for the game more interesting and I think it’s alpha testing since.. alright nvm
Ok, I will Try, THANK YOU SO much for trying it out!! :)

You have a menu but also lock the camera in first-person. I'd suggest either disabling the CharacterAutoLoads property of Players and handle the loading of characters yourself, or enabling the Modal property of your menu buttons so the player can use their mouse as long as the GUI is on the screen. It would also be nice if the GUI was centered.

View attachment 25191
These are at least part of the reason your menu doesn't work. The first is that the script is simply missing a closed parenthesis, and the second is because the correct event is MouseButton1Click (capitalization matters). To make the button work on other devices more easily, I'd also recommend using the Activated event instead.

Also, nothing about your game itself, but your scripter's profile says "I still don’t know anything of scripting but that’s fine"; if this is true I guess it is fine, but if it's not true, they should probably remove that. At least change it to something like "I'm an aspiring scripter", it's all about self branding in that case. It could potentially reflect poorly on your game for one of your vital developers to say they know nothing.
Ok, TYSM For the feed-back, Me and my friend will try to improve the game!!! Thank you!! :)

i like how you "stole" my idea
you made a post syaing what game idea i should do. i literally described apocalypse rising. but you didnt say anything. not even thank you. thats stealing.
btw its the pirate template map. also, please consider not developing. if you're gonna do bad games like this, i would say just, please click here. this is important to your education if you want to make games good
I'm VERY Sorry but I haven't been on the forum for a while now, I didn't steal your idea, I never would and if you think so, that's what you think, I am a newborn, friendly and kind developer! and if that's what you think then it's fine with me but didn't steal your idea

Isn't this the same game as before? The only difference is you removed a bunch of models, removed the music, and added a GUI that doesn't even function. Please test that the game will work and not have annoying/game-breaking bugs before you advertise it onto this forum.
ok I will, I am SOO Sorry, But I and my friend have started working on the game, but just note that we have JUST starting building on 9/6/20 and we are not done, also including my computer is not working! so we will have the game working soon, thank you for trying it out though, your encouragement and feedback is what helps my game get better and stronger!! :) Have a Great Day!!

Last edited:
Private conversations
Rules Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.