Need a scripter for Noob Invasion | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Need a scripter for Noob Invasion

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
I think we have here a case of mix up of two concepts: copy right and trademark. Copy right infringement is when you use someone else work directly. Trademark is whatever identifies the work (e.g. title) or its creator (e.g. company logo). Trademark infringements in good faith (when offending party made a reasonable effort to research) practically never end up in court. Usually it ends on "cease and desist" notice.

When it does end in court, the defence can be that the trademark is too generic and unfairly restricts other people from using common words. For instance you cannot just register word "Perfect" as your trademark. Trademark is also considered in the context of the market. Whether "Noob Invasion" in context of MMORPG is overly restrictive is up to court to decide. But both words are very common in this context. Unlike word "Apple" in context of computers. You can still trade fruits under name "Perfect Apples".

MissJessica10

Aug 26, 2019
Roblox
MissJessica10
lol this entire discussion has been quite amusing to watch, I'm not going to lie. However, it did very little to solve my issue. I still need somebody to help me out with the scripting work on this thing. If anyone can make this happen, please let me know. I'm ready to move this silly game out of the Alpha phase and into Open Beta, but I can't without the actual 30 waves of enemies scripted and working.
I'm not very amazing at scripting but let me try and help with what I can, assuming the zombies don't have weapons I believe you could use a hit script for players to take damage

Code:
script.Parent.Touched:connect(function(hit)
    if hit and hit.Parent and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("Humanoid") then
        hit.Parent.Humanoid.Health = insert attack number
    end
end)
Try that. (not sure where you should insert a script into a humanoid)
Actually, a friend of mine has already taken care of how damage is going to work in the game. To put it simply: All the enemies "Humanoid's" were renamed to "Monster", and are designed to only pursue and damage the default "Humanoid's" that the players and Anna will be using, while the weapons the players are using were rescripted to only deal damage to those with the renamed "Monster" humanoid. The result? Enemies only chase and hurt players and NPCs and not each other, while the players cannot harm each other or NPCs, but CAN deal damage to the enemies.

So that part has been handled. But what I need is something to make the waves of enemies appear on the play area, and something to tell the game when to stop spawning them when the waves timer runs out. My original post pretty much lists off what I need done.

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
South Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
Work on "Noob Invasion" has been going well recently. Pretty much everything is fixed and ready to go, except for one thing: I need somebody to script the actual waves of enemies that will be assaulting the players! There also needs to be some other scripting work done before the game can go live.

The following scripting work needs to be done:
- All 30 waves of enemies, 27 waves of regular enemies that are on a 5-minute timer, and 3 boss waves that end when the boss is killed.
- The "GAME OVER" sequence when Anna ( the NPC you are protecting ) is killed.
- The "YOU WIN!" sequence when the final boss is killed.
- A 90 second intermission between waves, to give people a moment to catch their breath and round up any power-ups they need, or hit up the Battle Shop.
- Reset everything back to Wave 1 if either Anna is killed or the final boss is defeated.

If anybody has the scripting skills to do this, please get in touch with me as soon as possible. I'm willing to pay up to 250 Robux to whoever can get this working ( possibly more if the Winged Deliverance gamepass sells ).

View attachment 20814View attachment 20815
After a bit of thinking, you can call it a remaster

MissJessica10

Aug 26, 2019
Roblox
MissJessica10
Work on "Noob Invasion" has been going well recently. Pretty much everything is fixed and ready to go, except for one thing: I need somebody to script the actual waves of enemies that will be assaulting the players! There also needs to be some other scripting work done before the game can go live.

- All 30 waves of enemies, 27 waves of regular enemies that are on a 5-minute timer, and 3 boss waves that end when the boss is killed.
- A 90 second intermission between waves, to give people a moment to catch their breath and round up any power-ups they need, or hit up the Battle Shop.
- Reset everything back to Wave 1 if either Anna is killed or the final boss is defeated.

If anybody has the scripting skills to do this, please get in touch with me as soon as possible. I'm willing to pay up to 250 Robux to whoever can get this working ( possibly more if the Winged Deliverance gamepass sells ).

*FACEPALM* I love how everybody is ignoring the ACTUAL topic I came here to ask about and is instead turning this into a thread for copyright discussions. If this is what's going to happen every time I come here looking for help, I'm going to have to begin cracking down on people who attempt to hijack my threads to talk about other issues. If you can't stay on-topic, then just don't bother posting here. I came here looking for scripting help, not to listen to everyone discussing a subject that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! All you managed to do was waste my time and exhaust my patience.

• Meh
Reactions: Prowood02

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
*FACEPALM*[...]
This is because finally there is something to bable about. Posts in style "I have idea for a game, scripters needed" are in best case left unanswered and sometimes they are ridiculed.

If you write scripts for your own game at least you develop your own brainchild at your own paste. If you write scripts for others it is all pain and no joy. On top of it, it is never ending task. Because developer always has new ideas or discovers vulnerabilities. It requires sticking to some deadlines and this quickly gets in conflict with your real life demands.

This is why, in most cases, people do only one such project and stay away as far as possible from next. So if you get a response, it will be from someone who did not get burned yet. By the way do not expect a lot of experience from such candidate. Some advertisers have clue to write something like "only experienced scripters need to apply", which makes people at go LOL.

Best advice I can give is: learn coding, it is not that scary.

MissJessica10

Aug 26, 2019
Roblox
MissJessica10
*FACEPALM*[...]
This is because finally there is something to bable about. Posts in style "I have idea for a game, scripters needed" are in best case left unanswered and sometimes they are ridiculed.

If you write scripts for your own game at least you develop your own brainchild at your own paste. If you write scripts for others it is all pain and no joy. On top of it, it is never ending task. Because developer always has new ideas or discovers vulnerabilities. It requires sticking to some deadlines and this quickly gets in conflict with your real life demands.

This is why, in most cases, people do only one such project and stay away as far as possible from next. So if you get a response, it will be from someone who did not get burned yet. By the way do not expect a lot of experience from such candidate. Some advertisers have clue to write something like "only experienced scripters need to apply", which makes people at go LOL.

I could probably get the work done myself, but there's just one problem: I can't find any; ANY; Tutorials for how to code a game like this. And I've looked pretty much everywhere. And even if I did have proper coding knowledge ( which isn't possible for me to get right now ), I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin with this.

So doing it myself is pretty much a lost cause, due to a lack of tutorials and a lack of examples from other games I can look at to figure out how to get this working.

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
South Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02

*FACEPALM* I love how everybody is ignoring the ACTUAL topic I came here to ask about and is instead turning this into a thread for copyright discussions. If this is what's going to happen every time I come here looking for help, I'm going to have to begin cracking down on people who attempt to hijack my threads to talk about other issues. If you can't stay on-topic, then just don't bother posting here. I came here looking for scripting help, not to listen to everyone discussing a subject that means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!! All you managed to do was waste my time and exhaust my patience.
I was just saying something, isn't America a free country? I was just saying you can talk to the owner of the original and then do a collab. It's a plan that might work. And well, I'm disappointed in you harassing others in the community, I did before but 1 ban later I've learned a lesson. I hope that doesn't happen you though. You just need to be happy. And if you need to, take a break! Come back after a couple days. It's not healthy to be on 24/7.

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
[...]
I could probably get the work done myself, but there's just one problem: I can't find any; ANY; Tutorials for how to code a game like this. And I've looked pretty much everywhere. And even if I did have proper coding knowledge ( which isn't possible for me to get right now ), I wouldn't have the slightest idea where to begin with this.

So doing it myself is pretty much a lost cause, due to a lack of tutorials and a lack of examples from other games I can look at to figure out how to get this working.
A journey of thousand miles starts with the first step. So you have two phases: rest between games (90 seconds) and game itself. Game consists of initial spawn and waiting for result: either timer expires. "boss" is killed or protected "quin" is killed. Now write it in pseudo code.

Note: This is pseudo-code, it is intended to be analysed, it is not intended to run, and was never tested.
Code:
function SpawnTheQueen()
    local q = game.ServerStorage.QueenTemplate:Clone()
    q.Parent = workspace
    return q
end

function SpawnANoob()
    local n = game.ServerStorage.NoobTemplate:Clone()
    n.Parent = workspace
    n:MoveTo(PickRandomSpawnPoint()) -- to be defined later
    return n
end  

function DestroyAllNoobs()
    for _, c in ipairs(workspace:GetChildren()) do
        if c:IsA("Model") and c.Name=="Noob" then
            c:Destroy()
        end
    end
end

function SpawnTheBoss(round)
    if round > 27 then
        local n = game.ServerStorage.BossTemplate:Clone()
        n.humanoid.MaxHealth = round * 100 -- or whatever other difficulty scalling you wish
        n.Parent = workspace
        return n
    end
end

queen = nil
queenisdead = false

while true do
    workspace.EnterWait:Fire() -- connect to this BindableEvent whatever you want (even in another script)
    for t = 90, 1, -1 do
        workspace.WaitCounter:Fire(t) -- connect to this BindableEven from another script attached to clock
        wait(1)
    end

workspace.EnterGame:Fire() -- as before connect from other scripts
    wait(2) -- let players read the messages

if not queen or not queen.Parent then
        queen = SpawnTheQueen()
        queen.humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
            queenisdead = true
        end)
        queenisdead = false
    end

for round = 1, 30 do
        workspace.EnterRound:Fire(round)
        local duration = 0
        local noobcount = round * 2 + 5 -- or whatever difficulty scaling you wish for
        local bossisdead = false
        local boss = SpawnTheBoss(round) -- this will return nil if ther is no boss
        if boss then
            boss.humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
                bossisdead = true
            end)
        end
        while (boss and not bossisdead) or (not boss and duration < 300) do
            if noobcount > 0 then
                local noob = SpawnANoob()
                noob.humanoid.Died:Connect(function()
                    noobcount = noobcount + 1
                end)
                noobcount = noobcount - 1
            end

duration = duration + wait()
            if queenisdead then
                break
            end
        end
        DestroyAllNoobs()
        if queenisdead then
            break
        end
    end
    if queenisdead then
        workspace.GameLost:Fire() -- connect here from other scripts
    else
        workspace.GameWon:Fire()  -- conect here from other scripts
    end
end

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
South Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
*FACEPALM*[...]

What if you search, focus very strongly on the videos, then find it.

JuiceDrop

Exemplar Member
Feb 21, 2018
weezer fan club
Roblox
ReggattadeBlanc
Discord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

I was just saying something, isn't America a free country? I was just saying you can talk to the owner of the original and then do a collab. It's a plan that might work. And well, I'm disappointed in you harassing others in the community, I did before but 1 ban later I've learned a lesson. I hope that doesn't happen you though. You just need to be happy. And if you need to, take a break! Come back after a couple days. It's not healthy to be on 24/7.
all they have in common is the name please stop this

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
South Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02

Stop what? I honestly don't know what you mean

JuiceDrop

Exemplar Member
Feb 21, 2018
weezer fan club
Roblox
ReggattadeBlanc
Discord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

Stop what? I honestly don't know what you mean
ehh nevermind i was probably just tired like i am now

General
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SREDNAVolyavik SREDNAVolyavik: I can.