Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

No words, my daughter is heartbroken due to scammer

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

Hanlou1234

Feb 22, 2021
Roblox
WaffleHannah
I know Roblox is only a game and this may sound like a sob story but I need this story to be heard. My daughter started playing on Roblox last year and had created some amazing friendships. During the week she will earn some pocket money and spend it on adopt me pets. You will probably know where this is going :(. She spends so many hours a day on this game and it brings her so much joy to train these pets and even lets her close friends play with the special ones. So tonight I heard a sob and panic coming from my daughters room, she checked her inventory and noticed that 8+ pets had disappeared. She had recently purchased 5 ladybugs to turn one into a neon one (idk how it fully works) but she cherished these items. It was at this point we knew she had been scammed, so it turns out that on the 22nd Feb at 2.36am someone had hacked her account and traded all the item (I can't tell you the full list but it included the ladybugs,dragons, legendary something?). We have contacted the roblox support team and adopt me support but I have little faith, I feel like someone has stolen my daughters happiness and thats may sound like abit over the top but if you could see her face you would see how heartbroken she is , the user who scammed her is called JBBC11, I just really hope karma bites him back because what he/she has done is vile. Must have some sad little life to scam children on a game and take away their happiness, if anyone has read this far...thank you for your time and I hope this raises some awareness.

Attachments

• 20210223_012502.jpg
    20210223_012502.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 21

cactus

a.k.a us
Head Moderator
VIP
Feb 18, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
c_aci
Discord
caci#9734
Sorry to hear your daughter's incident, hope things turn out good for her.

Unfortunately there's no way to get the items back with the help of a game admin, since there's the possibility that a scam could be staged to double a user's inventory and the admins are most likely aware of this as a potential situation.

And yes, people really do scam children on ROBLOX, even if they only gain a minute or two of joy from it. It probably takes more effort to perform a scam like that for fun than it does to actually play a game as intended, so I really do see scamming in games like Adopt Me kinda pointless.

Reactions: Hanlou1234

Hanlou1234

Feb 22, 2021
Roblox
WaffleHannah
Thanks for your reply, am just hesitating buying anything else for her now. Its just a proper eye opener when you hear these things happening on the game I didn't think it would happen to her and for it to effect her this badly , am sure every gamer knows the heartache of devoting so much time into something and then having it ripped away from you.

I guess that just puts everything into perspective now so we can just accept what's happened and move on :(
Post automatically merged:

Yes that's him

cactus

a.k.a us
Head Moderator
VIP
Feb 18, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
c_aci
Discord
caci#9734
Thanks for your reply, am just hesitating buying anything else for her now. Its just a proper eye opener when you hear these things happening on the game I didn't think it would happen to her and for it to effect her this badly , am sure every gamer knows the heartache of devoting so much time into something and then having it ripped away from you.

I guess that just puts everything into perspective now so we can just accept what's happened and move on :(
it hurts 😢

I recommend setting up 2-Factor authentication via Security Settings and educating your daughter on how not to accept random trade requests, or to not listen to strangers if you do intend on buying her things in the future.

BigMacCHEESE

Jan 17, 2021
your local McDonalds
Roblox
epicfan789

Yes that's him
you could try to report abuse. that's all i know. sorry i couldn't help much.

Hanlou1234

Feb 22, 2021
Roblox
WaffleHannah

it hurts 😢

I recommend setting up 2-Factor authentication via Security Settings and educating your daughter on how not to accept random trade requests, or to not listen to strangers if you do intend on buying her things in the future.
Oh 100% that got set up straight away and I agree but even without the educating she is never gonna forget this so has learnt a lesson , think some time away from the game is need too :/

cactus

a.k.a us
Head Moderator
VIP
Feb 18, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
c_aci
Discord
caci#9734

it hurts 😢

Oh 100% that got set up straight away and I agree but even without the educating she is never gonna forget this so has learnt a lesson , think some time away from the game is need too :/
Sounds great, best of luck for her and you in the future.

Hanlou1234

Feb 22, 2021
Roblox
WaffleHannah

Yes that's him
you could try to report abuse. that's all i know. sorry i couldn't help much.
Thanks , I done that straight away when we seen the username but not sure of the response time from Roblox..
Scrolling through the friends list though it looks like he/she has a variety of similar accounts so either way there will be no way to make it stop :/

RicochetRoblox

Dec 13, 2020
1273 Rockefeller street
Roblox
MiningSimXXL
Thanks to @BigMacCHEESE for the original screenshots. @Hanlou1234 , do any of these accounts belong to your daughter? These are the 3 accounts following this account. 1614160332582.png

He also joined recently, that suggests to me the account was made with the purpose of scamming. 1614160383405.png

He is also favoring/ following a scam game, as seen here. 1614160435049.png

It looks to me that this acc is either a throwaway or a hacked acc.

TheUpcomingDev

Feb 26, 2021
Roblox
TheNub_Dev
I don't wanna be mean , but I don't think roblox will fix this
Cause every Dev , Admin (Staff) of the game says that they can ban that person , but can't bring the items .
And I'm srry to hear about your Daughter .
I'm on Rbx since 2015 , based on my experience I can say that roblox security is ........
Not that good security , Even Dev's , Rbx admins get hacked .
And the pets that guy scammed would probably have sent those pets to Core acc , all the acc on which he scams he would probably send those pets to a Main/Core acc .
So even if that alt gets banned , u won't get the. Pets back

That acc is a alt , he will create a new alt to scam ppl .
If I am right , he will either collect these ,

Cause Pets are even sold at 100+$ , so he will create new alt and scam and sell the pets

Btw @Hanlou1234 ask ur daughter that did she clicked some link by some stranger , cause if she did , he would have taken the cookies to know her interest and would have probably created a link by which the scammer could have taken ur daughters Roblox Pass

Last edited:

RicochetRoblox

Dec 13, 2020
1273 Rockefeller street
Roblox
MiningSimXXL
I don't wanna be mean , but I don't think roblox will fix this
Cause every Dev , Admin (Staff) of the game says that they can ban that person , but can't bring the items .
And I'm srry to hear about your Daughter .
I'm on Rbx since 2015 , based on my experience I can say that roblox security is ........
Not that good security , Even Dev's , Rbx admins get hacked .
And the pets that guy scammed would probably have sent those pets to Core acc , all the acc on which he scams he would probably send those pets to a Main/Core acc .
So even if that alt gets banned , u won't get the. Pets back

That acc is a alt , he will create a new alt to scam ppl .
If I am right , he will either collect these ,

Cause Pets are even sold at 100+$ , so he will create new alt and scam and sell the pets

Btw @Hanlou1234 ask ur daughter that did she clicked some link by some stranger , cause if she did , he would have taken the cookies to know her interest and would have probably created a link by which the scammer could have taken ur daughters Roblox Pass
Thankyou to @TheUpcomingDev . Ask your daughter if she gave away any javascript codes, or copied anything into the console. (Or the inspect element) That is a common and simple way that hackers can get into an account, without even asking for passwords. Also ask her if she played any 'adopt me spin events'.