Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Update November 2020 updates

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

November 2020 Update

Here are a few requested updates. Also there are many new additions that were not requested.

• Profile banners
  • Username Changes
  • New Thread & Forum Types
  • Lua code highlighting
  • Premium Price Increase

I want to start off by saying that I know some of you will be annoyed that many of the cool features are for premium users only, but I hope that you understand that it's neccessary to incentivise the premium ranks, so I try to add new features for those users that do support this website maintenance and growth.

Aside from the updates listed, there are also many more minor changes here and there.

Profile Banners

Premium members will now be able to set a banner on their profile.
All you need to do is go to your profile and click on the button "Edit profile banner" in the top right, then you can upload an image. The maximum image size is 2mb.
Profile banners are subject to the same rules as all other content.

View attachment 28289

Your profile banner will also be displayed on your profile tool-tip when people click on your username:

profile tooltip.png

Username Changes

Premium members will now be able to change their username (to a certain degree).

You can change your name in your profile settings under "account details"

change username.png

Username chages must be MINOR/MODERATE meaning that generally you must keep the main aspect of your name. Eg if your current username is Bobby7664, you can change it to "Bobby"

Usernames can only be changed once every 90 days

This time also apply to new accounts. eg, if it's been 10 days since you made your account, and you buy VIP, you still cannot change your name for another 80 days.

Username changes will go through moderation approval before coming into effect.

Username history will be displayed on the users profile:

profile name history.png

New Thread & Forum Types

New Thread & Forum Types:

• Articles
  • Questions
  • Suggestions
  • Discussions (original format)
There will be different subforums types. Previously we have only had "Discussion" subforums.

Most subforums will support multiple thread types, so for example you could post a question in a subforum that isn't a question-only subforum!

1. Articles:

Articles have a special layout, where the content takes up the full post area, and the user's info is at the bottom of their post.
Although article subforums do not have special sorting functionality unlike Questions and Suggestions subforums, I will be experimenting with a new layout when viewing the thread list (in one or two subforums, eg announcements)

Article subforums:

2. Questions:

In question threads, you will have the original post as the question, and all replies below that will have an upvote/downvote system so you can rate answers.
The original poster is able to mark an answer as the "solution", and it will be pinned to the top of the page.

Question subforums:

Question subforums will have an extra bar at the top, so you can view different questions.

3. Suggestions:

These posts will have an upvote/downvote control on the main post itself, to show support for a suggestions.

Suggestion subforums:

Suggestion forums will have an extra bar at the top aswell, so you can view different suggestions.

suggestions.png

4. Discussions:

All subforums that haven't been listed in the lists above, will remain "Discussion" subforums, as they always have been. However you may still be able to post Questions/suggestions/articles depending on if that subforum supports it.

Lua Code Highlighting

Lua code will now be highlighted, and it will be the default selected when inserting code into your post.
You can also now resize the code box, highlight specific lines when inserting code for all to see.
The code tag now also shows line numbers.

Here's an example:
As you can see, I've highlighted some specific lines.
Example from @CallMeKY:
local bodyColor = Color3.new(0.152941, 0.333333, 0.00392157)

local players = game:GetService('Players')
local runService = game:GetService('RunService')

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(part)
    local character = part:FindFirstAncestorOfClass('Model')
    if not players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(character) then return end
    local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildOfClass('Humanoid')
    if not humanoid then return end

local descriptionClone = humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()
    if descriptionClone.HeadColor == bodyColor then return end
    descriptionClone.HeadColor = bodyColor
    descriptionClone.TorsoColor = bodyColor
    descriptionClone.LeftArmColor = bodyColor
    descriptionClone.LeftLegColor = bodyColor
    descriptionClone.RightArmColor = bodyColor
    descriptionClone.RightLegColor = bodyColor

humanoid:ApplyDescription(descriptionClone)

for _, playingTracks in pairs(humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
        playingTracks:Stop()
    end

local animateScript = humanoid.Parent:WaitForChild('Animate')
    animateScript.run.RunAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616163682'        -- Run
    animateScript.walk.WalkAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616168032'      -- Walk
    animateScript.jump.JumpAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616161997'      -- Jump
    animateScript.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616158929'    -- Idle (Variation 1)
    animateScript.idle.Animation2.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616160636'    -- Idle (Variation 2)

local ws = humanoid.WalkSpeed
    humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
    wait(0.05)
    humanoid.WalkSpeed = ws

end)

Premium Price Increase

Due to all the recently added features to the premium ranks (and future features), the prices have been increased.
These are the new prices:

• VIP $10

• Pro $20

• Ultra $35

The Premium page will be updated in the coming days with all the perks listed.

Those are all the major changes!
Thanks for going through and reading, I hope you like the updates.

Attachments

• questions.png
    questions.png
    78 KB · Views: 11
Last edited by a moderator:

Dinox

Exemplar Member
Sep 23, 2020
Wuhu Island
web.roblox.com
Roblox
Inteblox
Discord
DinoxOnDiscord#5902
i told my parents to buy me vip but they said no because of the economy the [CURRENT WORLD PANDEMIC] caused.

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
Discord
Prowood02#0291

cookie

he/him
Ultra
Mar 1, 2018
your local bakery
www.youtube.com
Roblox
tombles_s
Discord
tombles#6141

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
Discord
Prowood02#0291
why do the profile banners need to be premium only ;-;
I made the idea popular but winded up having the possibility to make it a game changer for all to enjoy, it turned into a thing for some to enjoy
Post automatically merged:

because, premium doesn’t have many features, so aaron’s trying to add more incentives to buy premium. i think it’s good
Freenium is the way to go tbh
what do you mean by that? what the heck is freenium lol
Free premium, have the base item free but have certain bits behind a paywall

PiForUAll

Top 0.0001% Member
May 4, 2019
oh no mania · he/him
Roblox
PiForUAll
I made the idea popular but winded up having the possibility to make it a game changer for all to enjoy, it turned into a thing for some to enjoy

because, premium doesn’t have many features, so aaron’s trying to add more incentives to buy premium. i think it’s good
Freenium is the way to go tbh
what do you mean by that? what the heck is freenium lol
Free premium, have the base item free but have certain bits behind a paywall
this is what's happening with some smaller features like post editing

@Aaron update the prices on the premium page, it might be seen as scamming to show the older prices

Reactions: Aaron

cactus

a.k.a me
Head Moderator
VIP
Feb 18, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
cactisms
Discord
caci#9734
Alright calm down, you didn't invent the idea of profile banners! You never even specified that you wanted people to have it for free, nor is it even your choice. It's Aaron's.

And it's not a "game-changer" at all, it barely impacts the experience of the average user nor should it. It's just a nice cosmetic.

cactus

a.k.a me
Head Moderator
VIP
Feb 18, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
cactisms
Discord
caci#9734

@Aaron update the prices on the premium page, it might be seen as scamming to show the older prices
He said he'd update the prices soon, it's late for him at the moment

Reactions: cookie

PiForUAll

Top 0.0001% Member
May 4, 2019
oh no mania · he/him
Roblox
PiForUAll

He said he'd update the prices soon, it's late for him at the moment
ok

i told my parents to buy me vip but they said no because of the economy the [CURRENT WORLD PANDEMIC] caused.
bruh that's a lame excuse cuz it's just 10 dollars.
everyone has 10 dollars stashed somewhere, heck even I have it somewhere because im cool

Last edited:

JuiceDrop

brown (he/him)
Pro
Feb 21, 2018
Massachusetts
womenafter50.com
Roblox
TomblesIsCool
Discord
JuiceDrop
"I made the idea popular but winded up having the possibility to make it a game changer for all to enjoy, it turned into a thing for some to enjoy"

No, you didn't

First: The first person to suggest it on record is @jeff123
Second: You weren't even the first to suggest it in the past 2 months, I suggested it back in October. Then again, if I'm correct it was apart of the premium suggestions but you were told I already suggested it. Don't take all credit.

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
Discord
Prowood02#0291
"I made the idea popular but winded up having the possibility to make it a game changer for all to enjoy, it turned into a thing for some to enjoy"

No, you didn't

Second: You weren't even the first to suggest it in the past 2 months, I suggested it back in October. Then again, if I'm correct it was apart of the premium suggestions but you were told I already suggested it. Don't take all credit.
That dumpster fire debate was at 2am, and I do apologize for burning the midnight oil.

JuiceDrop

brown (he/him)
Pro
Feb 21, 2018
Massachusetts
womenafter50.com
Roblox
TomblesIsCool
Discord
JuiceDrop

No, you didn't

That dumpster fire debate was at 2am, and I do apologize for burning the midnight oil.
oh. sorry i sounded a little ticked off

Prowood02

Feb 26, 2020
Australia
prowoodstuff.gamejolt.io
Roblox
Prowood02
Discord
Prowood02#0291

No, you didn't

oh. sorry i sounded a little ticked off
Well, we both went off didn't we? Lets just move on.

Reactions: JuiceDrop
Status
Not open for further replies.