Roblox Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

November 2020 updates

5K views 38 replies 13 participants last post by  Prowood02 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)

November 2020 Update
Here are a few requested updates. Also there are many new additions that were not requested.

• Profile banners
  • Username Changes
  • New Thread & Forum Types
  • Lua code highlighting
  • Premium Price Increase

I want to start off by saying that I know some of you will be annoyed that many of the cool features are for premium users only, but I hope that you understand that it's neccessary to incentivise the premium ranks, so I try to add new features for those users that do support this website maintenance and growth.

Aside from the updates listed, there are also many more minor changes here and there.

[HR][/HR]

Profile Banners
[HR][/HR]

Premium members will now be able to set a banner on their profile.
All you need to do is go to your profile and click on the button "Edit profile banner" in the top right, then you can upload an image. The maximum image size is 2mb.
Profile banners are subject to the same rules as all other content.

View attachment 28289

Your profile banner will also be displayed on your profile tool-tip when people click on your username:

profile tooltip.png

[HR][/HR]

Username Changes
[HR][/HR]

Premium members will now be able to change their username (to a certain degree).

You can change your name in your profile settings under "account details"

change username.png

Username chages must be MINOR/MODERATE meaning that generally you must keep the main aspect of your name. Eg if your current username is Bobby7664, you can change it to "Bobby"

Usernames can only be changed once every 90 days

This time also apply to new accounts. eg, if it's been 10 days since you made your account, and you buy VIP, you still cannot change your name for another 80 days.

Username changes will go through moderation approval before coming into effect.

Username history will be displayed on the users profile:

profile name history.png

[HR][/HR]

New Thread & Forum Types
[HR][/HR]

New Thread & Forum Types:
  • Articles
  • Questions
  • Suggestions
  • Discussions (original format)
There will be different subforums types. Previously we have only had "Discussion" subforums.

Most subforums will support multiple thread types, so for example you could post a question in a subforum that isn't a question-only subforum!

[HR][/HR]

1. Articles:
Articles have a special layout, where the content takes up the full post area, and the user's info is at the bottom of their post.
Although article subforums do not have special sorting functionality unlike Questions and Suggestions subforums, I will be experimenting with a new layout when viewing the thread list (in one or two subforums, eg announcements)

Article subforums:

[HR][/HR]

2. Questions:
In question threads, you will have the original post as the question, and all replies below that will have an upvote/downvote system so you can rate answers.
The original poster is able to mark an answer as the "solution", and it will be pinned to the top of the page.

Question subforums:

Question subforums will have an extra bar at the top, so you can view different questions.

[HR][/HR]

3. Suggestions:
These posts will have an upvote/downvote control on the main post itself, to show support for a suggestions.

Suggestion subforums:

Suggestion forums will have an extra bar at the top aswell, so you can view different suggestions.

suggestions.png

[HR][/HR]

4. Discussions:
All subforums that haven't been listed in the lists above, will remain "Discussion" subforums, as they always have been. However you may still be able to post Questions/suggestions/articles depending on if that subforum supports it.

[HR][/HR]

Lua Code Highlighting

[HR][/HR]
Lua code will now be highlighted, and it will be the default selected when inserting code into your post.
You can also now resize the code box, highlight specific lines when inserting code for all to see.
The code tag now also shows line numbers.

Here's an example:
As you can see, I've highlighted some specific lines.
[CODE lang="lua" title="Example from @CallMeKY" highlight="3,4,6,12"]local bodyColor = Color3.new(0.152941, 0.333333, 0.00392157)

local players = game:GetService('Players')
local runService = game:GetService('RunService')

script.Parent.Touched:Connect(function(part)
local character = part:FindFirstAncestorOfClass('Model')
if not players:GetPlayerFromCharacter(character) then return end
local humanoid = character:FindFirstChildOfClass('Humanoid')
if not humanoid then return end

local descriptionClone = humanoid:GetAppliedDescription()
if descriptionClone.HeadColor == bodyColor then return end
descriptionClone.HeadColor = bodyColor
descriptionClone.TorsoColor = bodyColor
descriptionClone.LeftArmColor = bodyColor
descriptionClone.LeftLegColor = bodyColor
descriptionClone.RightArmColor = bodyColor
descriptionClone.RightLegColor = bodyColor

humanoid:ApplyDescription(descriptionClone)

for _, playingTracks in pairs(humanoid:GetPlayingAnimationTracks()) do
playingTracks:Stop()
end

local animateScript = humanoid.Parent:WaitForChild('Animate')
animateScript.run.RunAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616163682' -- Run
animateScript.walk.WalkAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616168032' -- Walk
animateScript.jump.JumpAnim.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616161997' -- Jump
animateScript.idle.Animation1.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616158929' -- Idle (Variation 1)
animateScript.idle.Animation2.AnimationId = 'rbxassetid://616160636' -- Idle (Variation 2)

local ws = humanoid.WalkSpeed
humanoid.WalkSpeed = 0
wait(0.05)
humanoid.WalkSpeed = ws

end)[/CODE]

[HR][/HR]

Premium Price Increase

[HR][/HR]
Due to all the recently added features to the premium ranks (and future features), the prices have been increased.
These are the new prices:

• VIP $10

• Pro $20

• Ultra $35
The Premium page will be updated in the coming days with all the perks listed.

[HR][/HR]

Those are all the major changes!
Thanks for going through and reading, I hope you like the updates.

[HR][/HR]

Attachments

See less See more
#11 ·
awesome!!! thanks for the new site features
was excited at the username changes until i realized that it must be minor, so i guess i cant change it to tombles :/
but i guess that’s good since people would get confused anyway, and cookie is iconic lol
thanks for the new features! very excited to use them aaron!

#17 ·

November 2020 Update
Here are a few requested updates. Also there are many new additions that were not requested.

• Profile banners
  • Username Changes
  • Premium Price Increase

I want to start off by saying that I know some of you will be annoyed that many of the cool features are for premium users only, but I hope that you understand that it's neccessary to incentivise the premium ranks, so I try to add new features for those users that do support this website maintenance and growth.

Aside from the updates listed, there are also many more minor changes here and there.

[HR][/HR]

Profile Banners
[HR][/HR]

All you need to do is go to your profile and click on the button "Edit profile banner" in the top right, then you can upload an image. The maximum image size is 2mb.

View attachment 28289

Your profile banner will also be displayed on your profile tool-tip when people click on your username:

View attachment 28290

[HR][/HR]

Username Changes
[HR][/HR]

Premium members will now be able to change their username (to a certain degree).

View attachment 28291

Username chages must be MINOR/MODERATE meaning that generally you must keep the main aspect of your name. Eg if your current username is Bobby7664, you can change it to "Bobby"

This time also apply to new accounts. eg, if it's been 10 days since you made your account, and you buy VIP, you still cannot change your name for another 80 days.

View attachment 28292

[HR][/HR]

New Thread & Forum Types
[HR][/HR]

• Articles
  • Questions
  • Suggestions
There will be different subforums types. Previously we have only had "Discussion" subforums.

Most subforums will support multiple thread types, so for example you could post a question in a subforum that isn't a question-only subforum!

[HR][/HR]

1. Articles:
Articles have a special layout, where the content takes up the full post area, and the user's info is at the bottom of their post.
Although article subforums do not have special sorting functionality unlike Questions and Suggestions subforums, I will be experimenting with a new layout when viewing the thread list (in one or two subforums, eg announcements)

Article subforums:

[HR][/HR]

2. Questions:
In question threads, you will have the original post as the question, and all replies below that will have an upvote/downvote system so you can rate answers.
The original poster is able to mark an answer as the "solution", and it will be pinned to the top of the page.

Question subforums:

Question subforums will have an extra bar at the top, so you can view different questions.

View attachment 28294

[HR][/HR]

3. Suggestions:
These posts will have an upvote/downvote control on the main post itself, to show support for a suggestions.

Suggestion subforums:

Suggestion forums will have an extra bar at the top aswell, so you can view different suggestions.

View attachment 28293

[HR][/HR]

4. Discussions:
All subforums that haven't been listed in the lists above, will remain "Discussion" subforums, as they always have been. However you may still be able to post Questions/suggestions/articles depending on if that subforum supports it.

[HR][/HR]

Premium Price Increase

[HR][/HR]
Due to all the recently added features to the premium ranks (and future features), the prices have been increased.

• VIP $10

• Pro $20

• Ultra $35

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]
Wow, 2 updates in 2 days!

#18 ·

November 2020 Update

• Profile banners
  • Username Changes
  • Premium Price Increase

[HR][/HR]

Profile Banners
[HR][/HR]

View attachment 28289

View attachment 28290

[HR][/HR]

Username Changes
[HR][/HR]

View attachment 28291

View attachment 28292

[HR][/HR]

New Thread & Forum Types
[HR][/HR]

• Articles
  • Questions
  • Suggestions

[HR][/HR]

1. Articles:

Article subforums:

[HR][/HR]

2. Questions:

Question subforums:

View attachment 28294

[HR][/HR]

3. Suggestions:

Suggestion subforums:

View attachment 28293

[HR][/HR]

4. Discussions:

[HR][/HR]

Premium Price Increase

[HR][/HR]

• VIP $10

• Pro $20

• Ultra $35

[HR][/HR]

[HR][/HR]
Wow, 2 updates in 2 days!

#34 ·
"I made the idea popular but winded up having the possibility to make it a game changer for all to enjoy, it turned into a thing for some to enjoy"

No, you didn't

First: The first person to suggest it on record is @jeff123
Second: You weren't even the first to suggest it in the past 2 months, I suggested it back in October. Then again, if I'm correct it was apart of the premium suggestions but you were told I already suggested it. Don't take all credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.