Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

ok... how do i get my server scripts to work in clients????

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

wolfGuardian

Feb 13, 2021
Roblox
neko_boi11
i figured out alot of my scripts without any errors not working problem is because of this stupid, server client situation. please tell me how i can make my server scripts work in client because it seems any script i make will only work in server and not in client (save for a few simple scripts) please write asap

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
i figured out alot of my scripts without any errors not working problem is because of this stupid, server client situation. please tell me how i can make my server scripts work in client because it seems any script i make will only work in server and not in client (save for a few simple scripts) please write asap
The client-server boundary is essential for preventing exploiters and is easy to cross via remotes. Just make sure not to trust any information sent from the client without performing sanity checks on the server, otherwise the boundary is meaningless. I'd also suggest only using remote functions sent from the client to the server; since it's a yielding function, if you send it from the server to the client and an exploiter deleted the instance, your script will wait indefinitely for a response.

Reactions: wolfGuardian

wolfGuardian

Feb 13, 2021
Roblox
neko_boi11
The client-server boundary is essential for preventing exploiters and is easy to cross via remotes. Just make sure not to trust any information sent from the client without performing sanity checks on the server, otherwise the boundary is meaningless. I'd also suggest only using remote functions sent from the client to the server; since it's a yielding function, if you send it from the server to the client and an exploiter deleted the instance, your script will wait indefinitely for a response.
so what part is the client and what part is the server?