Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

please help

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

ElHomburgerGuy

If you won't let yourself fail, you won't improve
Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
Discord
Piero#5261
Actually, the rocket has a link to a full article about weapon configuration for Roblox.

From what I've read 'Exploding Projectiles' should have what you're looking for to make the rocket blow up, but also keep in mind if parts are anchored they would not be affected by the blast.

So just keep that in mind that the objects you wish to destroy might be anchored and thus don't move when the game's physics do.

AaronTheAllStarYT

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
AaronTheAllStar_YT
Actually, the rocket has a link to a full article about weapon configuration for Roblox.

From what I've read 'Exploding Projectiles' should have what you're looking for to make the rocket blow up, but also keep in mind if parts are anchored they would not be affected by the blast.

So just keep that in mind that the objects you wish to destroy might be anchored and thus don't move when the game's physics do.
I know. I'm trying to make it so they do unanchor parts. Is that possible?

ElHomburgerGuy

Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
Discord
Piero#5261

Not really, maybe have it so when the certain object hits or touches it you could set the anchor to false.

AaronTheAllStarYT

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
AaronTheAllStar_YT

Not really, maybe have it so when the certain object hits or touches it you could set the anchor to false.
I see. How do I do that?

ElHomburgerGuy

Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
Discord
Piero#5261

I see. How do I do that?
Let's say you built a wall, your gonna want to have all the parts anchored, and then group them all into one model. Then add a BoolValue check the box that says 'Value' and name it 'CanBeDestoryed' next were gonna want a LocalScript for the attack I made a simple one here but you can easily convert it with the Rocket.

Other things you're gonna need to do is add a Script and a RemoteEvent inside your LocalScript name the RemoteEvent 'RandomAttackRemoteEvent'.

RandomAttackLocalScript:
--Note: this LocalScipt goes into your StarterPack

local userInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local remote = script:WaitForChild("RandomAttackRemoteEvent") -- Calling the remote event we added

local enable = false

userInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input, GPE)
    if not GPE then
        if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Q and enable == false then --Whenever you press Q
            enable = true
            remote:FireSever("Attack") -- this will be the script you add inside the local script
            wait(1)
            enable = false
        end
    end

end)

Now we make the Script that goes inside the LocalScript, name it Attack (You can name it to whatever you want but it has to be the same name with the FireSever.

Attack:
local remote = script.Parent:WaitForChild("RandomAttackRandomEvent")

remote.OnSeverEvent:Connect(function(Player, Value)
    if Value == "Attack" then -- this is where you would put the information of the rocket that's being fired
    -- but here's a little example
        local x = Instance.new("Part", workspace)
        x.Name = "Rocket"
        x.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Crimson")
        x.Material = "Neon"
        x.CanCollide = false
        x.Anchored = false
        x.Size = Vector3.new(1, 1, 2)
        x.Shape = "Block"
        x.CFrame = Player.Character:WaitForChild("HumaniodRootPart").CFrame * CFrame.new(0, 0, -3)

game.Debris:Item(x, 3)

local bv = Instance.new("BodyVelocity", x)
        bv.MaxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge, math.huge, math.huge)
        bv.Velocity = Player.Character:WaitForChild("HumaniodRootPart").CFrame.lookVector * 80

x.Touched:Connect(function(hit) -- this when the rocket hits the model
            if hit.Parent:IsA("Model") and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("CanBeDestoryed") and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("CanBeDestoryed").Value == true then
                for _, part in pairs(hit.Parent:GetDescendants()) do
                    if part IsA("Part") or part IsA("MeshPart") then --Make sure all the parts in the model are named "Part" or "MeshPart"
                        part.Anochored = false
                    end
                end
            end
        end)
    end
end)

Hopefully, this gives you some foot ground to work with, if not I just made you a rocket the comes out your body by pressing Q.

Micket

Reputation speed runner
Ultra
Dec 20, 2020
Florida
Roblox
Radiacted
Discord
Mitch.#9595
WELL, I'm about to show my roblox age here....

So back in the day anchoring a part wasnt something people did. So we welded one part to another. hit those welds with a rocket, and kaboom! parts are flying everywhere. no need to script.

ElHomburgerGuy

Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
Discord
Piero#5261
WELL, I'm about to show my roblox age here....

So back in the day anchoring a part wasnt something people did. So we welded one part to another. hit those welds with a rocket, and kaboom! parts are flying everywhere. no need to script.
Yes, but when you wanna destroy something a little more complex then scripting may be needed. (Plus welds back then made parts look ugly, Idk about now)

AaronTheAllStarYT

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
AaronTheAllStar_YT

I see. How do I do that?
Let's say you built a wall, your gonna want to have all the parts anchored, and then group them all into one model. Then add a BoolValue check the box that says 'Value' and name it 'CanBeDestoryed' next were gonna want a LocalScript for the attack I made a simple one here but you can easily convert it with the Rocket.

Other things you're gonna need to do is add a Script and a RemoteEvent inside your LocalScript name the RemoteEvent 'RandomAttackRemoteEvent'.

RandomAttackLocalScript:
--Note: this LocalScipt goes into your StarterPack

local userInputService = game:GetService("UserInputService")

local remote = script:WaitForChild("RandomAttackRemoteEvent") -- Calling the remote event we added

local enable = false

userInputService.InputBegan:Connect(function(Input, GPE)
    if not GPE then
        if Input.KeyCode == Enum.KeyCode.Q and enable == false then --Whenever you press Q
            enable = true
            remote:FireSever("Attack") -- this will be the script you add inside the local script
            wait(1)
            enable = false
        end
    end

end)

Now we make the Script that goes inside the LocalScript, name it Attack (You can name it to whatever you want but it has to be the same name with the FireSever.

Attack:
local remote = script.Parent:WaitForChild("RandomAttackRandomEvent")

remote.OnSeverEvent:Connect(function(Player, Value)
    if Value == "Attack" then -- this is where you would put the information of the rocket that's being fired
    -- but here's a little example
        local x = Instance.new("Part", workspace)
        x.Name = "Rocket"
        x.BrickColor = BrickColor.new("Crimson")
        x.Material = "Neon"
        x.CanCollide = false
        x.Anchored = false
        x.Size = Vector3.new(1, 1, 2)
        x.Shape = "Block"
        x.CFrame = Player.Character:WaitForChild("HumaniodRootPart").CFrame * CFrame.new(0, 0, -3)

game.Debris:Item(x, 3)

local bv = Instance.new("BodyVelocity", x)
        bv.MaxForce = Vector3.new(math.huge, math.huge, math.huge)
        bv.Velocity = Player.Character:WaitForChild("HumaniodRootPart").CFrame.lookVector * 80

x.Touched:Connect(function(hit) -- this when the rocket hits the model
            if hit.Parent:IsA("Model") and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("CanBeDestoryed") and hit.Parent:FindFirstChild("CanBeDestoryed").Value == true then
                for _, part in pairs(hit.Parent:GetDescendants()) do
                    if part IsA("Part") or part IsA("MeshPart") then --Make sure all the parts in the model are named "Part" or "MeshPart"
                        part.Anochored = false
                    end
                end
            end
        end)
    end
end)

Hopefully, this gives you some foot ground to work with, if not I just made you a rocket the comes out your body by pressing Q.
I figured it out. Thanks!