Possible Scammer/Hacker - PLEASE READ!

Alriar

Jul 24, 2018
Roblox
Dragonfire232
Hello, everyone.

I was recent approced by someone asking for "modeling help" but I believe it to be a possible scam or hack so I wanted to share it with the rest of you just to be sure and make sure nobody falls for it.

opened my ROBLOX to find I was emailed by someone of by the name of underworldss. They sent me an email requesting I assist them in game testing and developing, which I thought was normal because I have helped small time devs in the past. It's what came after that made me a little concerned. They were offering 8k ROBUX, which I personally didn't care for, just wanted to help. I add this person back on Discord, which I believe is a fake account, and proceed to ask questions and see what they needed help with. They then say they need me to grab models for them so that they can use them on Blender. The instructions that followed were... weird. Although I have made models and games I've never exported an .obj. I then noticed things were getting fishy once the instructions she provided me with asked for me to go into the network settings in inspect element. At that point I called BS. instead of following the instructions, I pulled a random .obj off the internet and sent the recipient a random model. They then proceed to block me. I have images if you guys are interested. Just thought I'd point it out and see if anyone else has had this happen to them and to also warn those who may not of had it happen to them yet.

Alriar

Jul 24, 2018
Roblox
Dragonfire232

Mrcreative123

Exemplar Member
Feb 19, 2018
Somewhere in Canada
Roblox
Iwouldlike_apolice

SugarCubez

Apr 14, 2019
Roblox
Cyan_id
ahh smh it was the same person for me too lmfao, she was asking me to do it also but ofc my dumb self was so confused and i was skeptical but i just didn't want to offend he/she/ or whoever if it was real.

Plus i didn't know what i was doing, i assumed she wanted to test if i could transfer a obj or something but eh i'm just going to block her... i don't even know what i was doing...lmao this post helped.

Attachments