Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Private chat not working

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

Clockshield

Mar 24, 2021
Roblox
O_Otirik
Hi so apparently my private chat isnt working. Every time I private chat it just doesnt appear and the text doesnt go through. Does anybody know why this is happening. Please help me fix it

HolyHan

Feb 15, 2021
North Pole
Roblox
HolyHan
Discord
HolyHan#1967
Make sure the player is in the game, If the player is not in the server you can't private chat with him/her.
If you wanna make sure that your chat is not broken;
1.Go to another game and try again
If 1. did not work then try 2.
2.Try to private chat with someone else.
This is all i know i hope this helps.

flyvt

Banned
Nov 19, 2020
USA, CA
Roblox
ROBLOX
Discord
Why u wan it
Hi so apparently my private chat isnt working. Every time I private chat it just doesnt appear and the text doesnt go through. Does anybody know why this is happening. Please help me fix it
maybe scroll down on the chat until you see it, it happened to me and I just scrolled down, when you click on somone's name I think it pauses the caht thinking you wanted to scroll or something. So just scroll down. Tell me if it worked.

FarmCaactus

the person above me is a dummy 😎
VIP
Jun 16, 2020
Earth, Texas
www.youtube.com
Roblox
FarmCaactus
Discord
lol
  • Meh
Reactions: coolcats

Loxz

Apr 2, 2021
Roblox
Loxz_o
When i try to use private chat in general in games no parental/options that prevent me from private chatting it simply just dosent send plus it sometimes does work then stops please..help.

sxpphires

Apr 2, 2021
Roblox
lunaesthetic7
no ive been having this problem too. no it isnt anything with my settings, as ive had my account for a little over a year and nothing with the settings have changed. and no, it isnt because the player left the game because this has been happening for a week to multiple people. when i try to private chat i type what i need n hit enter but it just disappears and doesnt show up in chat. then if i try to get out of private chat n chat in the general chat it does the same thing. its super annoying and resetting doesn't do anything, meaning i always end up having to leave the game n rejoin😐

Reactions: sadboihours

flyvt

Banned
Nov 19, 2020
USA, CA
Roblox
ROBLOX
Discord
Why u wan it
no ive been having this problem too. no it isnt anything with my settings, as ive had my account for a little over a year and nothing with the settings have changed. and no, it isnt because the player left the game because this has been happening for a week to multiple people. when i try to private chat i type what i need n hit enter but it just disappears and doesnt show up in chat. then if i try to get out of private chat n chat in the general chat it does the same thing. its super annoying and resetting doesn't do anything, meaning i always end up having to leave the game n rejoin😐
this should work for both of you.

1617388588370.png

Loxz

Apr 2, 2021
Roblox
Loxz_o
When i try to use private chat in general in games no parental/options that prevent me from private chatting it simply just dosent send plus it sometimes does work then stops please..help.
are u sure you’ve tried the /w command?
Yeah even the /whisper i have no idea it just started messing up a few weeks ago maybe?

Reactions: sadboihours

VStormyz

Apr 7, 2021
I’m having the same problem, it’s been well over two weeks now that I’ve not been able to send a private message and if I attempt it, one goes through and the rest don’t and then my chat breaks so I have to leave and rejoin. I contacted roblox support and they have clearly just given up trying to help.. under the impression that they don’t know how to fix it. It’s happening to lots of people, has absolutely nothing to do with parental controls.

ddubsquizzee

Apr 5, 2021
Roblox
dd_ubsquizzee
Yeah, I've been having the same issue. Tried with half a dozen different accounts, dozens of different people, several different games, and two different devices. None work. Roblox has a serious screw up.

Starlight

Apr 10, 2021
Roblox
Popstarstarlightxoxo
I’m having the same problem, it’s been well over two weeks now that I’ve not been able to send a private message and if I attempt it, one goes through and the rest don’t and then my chat breaks so I have to leave and rejoin. I contacted roblox support and they have clearly just given up trying to help.. under the impression that they don’t know how to fix it. It’s happening to lots of people, has absolutely nothing to do with parental controls.
I had the same issues to fix it simply say /w (Any username) then press backspace, your chat should start to work again.