problem with learning | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

problem with learning

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FarmTheCaactus

Jun 16, 2020
Dwarf Planet, Pluto
www.youtube.com
Roblox
DecisiveNoobziez
Discord
dontswear#8879
so im teaching my self how to script and im trying to make it so a brick with a space in it becomes transparent, here's the code,
game.Workspace["Whats up"].Transperency = 1

and after I run it it does nothing. what do I do? ive even watched videos on how to do it but it's not working.
Post automatically merged:

heres a screen shot during when I run it
Screen Shot 2020-07-22 at 11.50.42 AM.png

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
Please correct me if I guess wrong: it is a Script and not a LocalScript. It is located in ServerScriptService. The block we can see has name "Whats up" (quotes are not part of the name, but space is).

Are there any error messages?

Reactions: FarmTheCaactus

CallMeKY

Ultra
Feb 25, 2018
Maine, USA
Roblox
CallMeKY
Discord
CallMeKY#5012
so im teaching my self how to script and im trying to make it so a brick with a space in it becomes transparent, here's the code,
game.Workspace["Whats up"].Transperency = 1

and after I run it it does nothing. what do I do? ive even watched videos on how to do it but it's not working.
Post automatically merged:

heres a screen shot during when I run it
View attachment 22518
If that's copied directly from the script, you misspelled transparency. Scripts are finicky like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
General
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Thecoolguy16183 Thecoolguy16183: hey @Vipnoob07 i added you on roblox friend me its thecoolguy16183