PSA about scam that has been circulating through the Roblox friends chat. | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

PSA about scam that has been circulating through the Roblox friends chat.

MomoBroYT

Apr 8, 2020
Roblox
RobloxProMohamed
Discord
MomoBroYT#1080
https://www.reddit.com/r/roblox/comments/hh4t0b That (unfortunately deleted) Reddit post pretty much sums up the scam. Someone (unknown) has been sending this message throughout many accounts. Some people believe it has to do with the video because it was posted the day that reports about it started coming up on Reddit and the Roblox Dev Forums. Now, no one is accusing that the uploader had something to do with it, but it's all very suspicious. If anyone has been tricked by this, or has at least heard of it from a friend, then let's start talking. If any of your friends have fallen for it, please do consider giving them some advice to secure their account, or if it happened to you, then maybe you should consider it too. We need to get to the bottom of this, as it might lead to something bigger. Here are some posts from the official Dev Forums and the Sub Reddit talking about the situation:
https://devforum.roblox.com/t/scam-please-download-your-roblox-avatar-textures/647594

MomoBroYT

Apr 8, 2020
Roblox
RobloxProMohamed
Discord
MomoBroYT#1080
yup, and sadly this situation has led to me losing one of my roblox friends
oof.PNG

MomoBroYT

Apr 8, 2020
Roblox
RobloxProMohamed
Discord
MomoBroYT#1080
It just so happened that the scam got sent to both her and her sister, and I immediately responded with "NO NOT AGAIN", so I guess she was either offended or not being 'gullible'. By the way, look what I was able to do:
caught.PNG
I caught the hacker literally sending the scam in real time to another friend lol

Generalissimus

Aug 18, 2018
Lääne-Virumaa, Estonia
Roblox
kristofer2058
Ah, very well then. Good thing you're spreading the word of this scam. If I hadn't know that this existed I would've probably fallen for it as well. Definitely one of the more devious types of scams.

Reactions: Fletcher

MomoBroYT

Apr 8, 2020
Roblox
RobloxProMohamed
Discord
MomoBroYT#1080
I fell for the scam, but luckily my friend was cool about it and let me unfriend and refriend him after putting the link in our friends chat. I hope I haven't been hacked, although my account started sending the scam message to my friends literally a few hours after I put the link. So... yeah. By the way, I only fell for it because the friend it happened with just so happened to make games on Roblox, and he would ask me stuff like that all the time. So, when he asked for my texture, it seemed fine to do it. Little did I know it was a scam after he started saying "wait I didn't send that". I didn't believe him, but then I searched it.

Generalissimus

Aug 18, 2018
Lääne-Virumaa, Estonia
Roblox
kristofer2058
I fell for the scam, but luckily my friend was cool about it and let me unfriend and refriend him after putting the link in our friends chat. I hope I haven't been hacked, although my account started sending the scam message to my friends literally a few hours after I put the link. So... yeah. By the way, I only fell for it because the friend it happened with just so happened to make games on Roblox, and he would ask me stuff like that all the time. So, when he asked for my texture, it seemed fine to do it. Little did I know it was a scam after he started saying "wait I didn't send that". I didn't believe him, but then I searched it.
Did you change your settings after that? Signed out of all sessions, changed password, added PIN and all the other stuff? Better safe than sorry.

MomoBroYT

Apr 8, 2020
Roblox
RobloxProMohamed
Discord
MomoBroYT#1080
I am doing it at the moment, as I wish to be safe. Let's hope nothing goes wrong, because this is serious.
Post automatically merged:

Oh no, here we go again, I just reloaded Roblox...
ohgodpleaseno.PNG

Fletcher

Homburg's Devoted Husband Thats Also a Mother
VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#2635
It's probably me sleeping way too infrequently, but hows this scam work?

WizardOfHills

Jul 21, 2018
Roblox
WizardOfHills
It is explained in the Developer Forum post which is linked in the initial post. If you need a less technical explanation then they provide, please give a yell.

Reactions: Fletcher

Cookie

Exemplar Member
Mar 1, 2018
your local bakery
ymmot411.tumblr.com
Roblox
Co0kie_Crumble
Discord
tombles#6045
jeez, why are these things happening? first hackers hack into roblox accounts to scam people, then to send messages to scam people, then try to convert people into christians, then try to get people to vote for trump, and now trying to get people to upload a model... jeez, these hackers are crazy

Generalissimus

Aug 18, 2018
Lääne-Virumaa, Estonia
Roblox
kristofer2058
jeez, why are these things happening? first hackers hack into roblox accounts to scam people, then to send messages to scam people, then try to convert people into christians, then try to get people to vote for trump, and now trying to get people to upload a model... jeez, these hackers are crazy
I mean, bots trying to convert me into Christianity doesn't sound so bad.

• Hmm
Reactions: Cookie

Fletcher

VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#2635
It is explained in the Developer Forum post which is linked in the initial post. If you need a less technical explanation then they provide, please give a yell.
Somehow I didn't see that link the first time, thanks

Fletcher

VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#2635
And yeah some people might fall for this scam, but it really goes to show.. literally never paste a script or url into your browser you get from a random person, or if you can't verify it's safety.

General
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    CosmicDev CosmicDev: ERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeex