Roblox Nostalgia | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Roblox Nostalgia

NeuroticFlame

Nov 8, 2019
Roblox
NeuroticFlame
As a person whose played roblox for almost nine years. I've got to say: the community has really grown. I remember seeing boys vs girls hangout places, 1x1x1x1x1 raids, the fall of tix, and the rise of the horrible simulator era. It's honestly been a fun game, recounting back to all the moments I played it. I'm just glad to see roblox grow after all these years.

-Rip guest
-Rip tix

I would like to know your opinion on the aging of Roblox

PokyStuffed

Oct 9, 2019
the place where you least expect
Roblox
poky_stuffed
Since I've only been on Roblox since 2016, I've only read (and you know, common sense) but...

I think in the beginning players were more mature and appreciative, since Roblox was in its developing stages. Even with its limited capabilities, players had fun. They held small competitions and gave out various prizes to the winners.
Then Roblox began to grow in popularity, and managing these activities and contests became more difficult. Roblox was busier maintaining the site, had to hire more developers, and of course make more money. With this, it started behaving more like a company and lost some communication to the general playerbase and each individual user, making some feel left out.
Roblox continues to improve the website and engine, adding new features. It got even more popular as a result, and the previous event occurs again. (It repeats.)
More user-friendly, more kids join, lowering the average age of the community.
This change is reflected in the way players act and chat in-game or on the website. Older players notice the difference.
Roblox is forced to make badly received updates such as the removal of tickets because of the popularity and the amount the system was going to be abused. People get the impression that Roblox is in it just for the money.
Veterans get pissed off and some quit entirely because memorable elements they thought made Roblox Roblox were now gone. Others outgrew the platform in time anyway because of the apparent focus on the younger and more susceptible side of the spectrum.
Again the community gets more toxic on average because of this.
Veterans miss their old friends, cry, and leave. :'(
And the cycle continues.

All while improvements are being made, some undercover, some not.
All major changes in the structure and foundation of how Roblox operates were formerly discussed thoroughly on the Developer Forum. What a single player likes is not necessarily what is best for the platform as a whole.

:)

lmmy

May 28, 2018
Porter, Indiana
Roblox
lmmy
Different internet culture developed over time and changed the game. Things are just different and that’s how it is.

A true OG knows by this point that the game has done nothing but improve and grow, and that’s absolutely awesome.

Started this stupid block game over 11 years ago and I’ll continue to play as my younger cousins learn and enjoy it just as I did, just with different content.

ElHomburgerGuy

The Meme Lord
Apr 24, 2019
Your closet
Roblox
Si_ber
Discord
Si_ber#8635
I think they only thing I have a problem with modern Roblox is that most devs make tycoons and simulators to milk as many robux as possible. I remember in 2009 where most of the games were simple and stupid though there were meant for fun and not for profit. I know many devs now make money through robux but I say make a good game and people will pay to support it along with getting whatever the game passes offered.

The guest I don't care much about for its a free game so it's pretty easy to make an account

Tix, I think they were good when roblox was small because inflation of tix can easily ruin the Roblox economy with how many bots and scammers are now on Roblox.

Reactions: NeuroticFlame

InsertDeadMemeHere

Mar 18, 2018
Canada
Roblox
20XXIsNear
Discord
i'm a discord
I think most of the games right now are either:
A- Boring and popular
B- Fun and unpopular
and that is really sad, considering that there is a lot of underrated games that cant get into the spotlight because of people just playing front page games, and the only chance they can get popularity is having youtubers or being featured, which both are pretty hard.

But the thing that makes me not have fun is the fact that i only encounter people who speak spanish or portuguese, and because that i cant communicate with them and plan strategies, and also playing on their servers suck for me, since most of the time its pretty laggy :I

matieo33

Jun 8, 2018
Poland, Warsaw
roblox.com
Roblox
matieo33
Discord
Matieo33#8953
A- Boring and popular
B- Fun and unpopular
and that is really sad, considering that there is a lot of underrated games that cant get into the spotlight because of people just playing front page games, and the only chance they can get popularity is having youtubers or being featured, which both are pretty hard.

But the thing that makes me not have fun is the fact that i only encounter people who speak spanish or portuguese, and because that i cant communicate with them and plan strategies, and also playing on their servers suck for me, since most of the time its pretty laggy :I
In my country, when you reach 6 grade you are learning Spanish, meaning you will be knowing 3 languages: Polish, English, and spanish
Actually Spanish is useless, as you can mostly communicate in such countries by using english, but in roblox nope

InsertDeadMemeHere

Mar 18, 2018
Canada
Roblox
20XXIsNear
Discord
i'm a discord
A- Boring and popular
B- Fun and unpopular

In my country, when you reach 6 grade you are learning Spanish, meaning you will be knowing 3 languages: Polish, English, and spanish
Actually Spanish is useless, as you can mostly communicate in such countries by using english, but in roblox nope
i am actually learning portuguese as a hobby, but english is my main language and also their portuguese is pretty bad and i cant understand most things they say

PokyStuffed

Oct 9, 2019
the place where you least expect
Roblox
poky_stuffed
I think they only thing I have a problem with modern Roblox is that most devs make tycoons and simulators to milk as many robux as possible. I remember in 2009 where most of the games were simple and stupid though there were meant for fun and not for profit. I know many devs now make money through robux but I say make a good game and people will pay to support it along with getting whatever the game passes offered.

The guest I don't care much about for its a free game so it's pretty easy to make an account

Tix, I think they were good when roblox was small because inflation of tix can easily ruin the Roblox economy with how many bots and scammers are now on Roblox.
Yep, DevEx was only added in 2013, and devs who were already passionate about making games for fun could make money as well.
These days it's pretty much the other way around.

General
Help Users
    L Llimnxheri: Tbf, anyone have a rare name? i have one on another acc.