• Register a free account to view all forum content. Click here to create your own account.

Roblox strange PC issues

apreese16

Roblox
apreese16
Hello. I've been trying to research my problem but with no luck. Here's some system specs for y'all:
Dell Dimension 8200
-Geforce 6200 OC
-1GB RAM
-3.06 Ghz Pentium 4
With that being said, I've been having some weird and annoying issues. 90% of the games I join will end up being very laggy! However its not video card lag (I get 30~ FPS avg). Its also not my CPU or RAM that could be causing the issue. My CPU stays at 80%~ when I'm playing. My RAM gets up to 500 MB max in the games that I play most. But most importantly, my internet isn't bad, infact its pretty fast. So what could the issue be?? Roblox games work perfect on my laptop... When I join games on my desktop, I'll either get an error 277 after a few seconds of joining a game, or it will just show everyone's avatar making the running animation but not getting anywhere. Any advice is appreciated.

BTW I have tried reinstalling Roblox and restarting my computer.

Ratings
Roblox
PotatoXOverlord
Discord
Potato#6991
What I can conclude from this is that all the parts on your computer sound pretty old... 1GB of Ram isn't that common these days, even the newer iPhones have more than 1GB. Here is some information on your computer parts, the 3.06 Ghz Pentium 4 was a model created in 2002 and was at the time one of the high end specs however 17 years later probably not at all... The Dell Dimension 8200 is also extremely old and outdated from around the same time as the Pentium 4. The Geforce 6200 OC was a model from a few years later. All of this in mind I would say that your computers parts are extremely old and outdated... Your computer specs may say that it has 1GB of Ram but with it being 17 years old I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get up to that amount because of how old it is. Over time your computer parts will wear down especially after a lot of usage everyday.

Ratings
What I can conclude from this is that all the parts on your computer sound pretty old... 1GB of Ram isn't that common these days, even the newer iPhones have more than 1GB. Here is some information on your computer parts, the 3.06 Ghz Pentium 4 was a model created in 2002 and was at the time one of the high end specs however 17 years later probably not at all... The Dell Dimension 8200 is also extremely old and outdated from around the same time as the Pentium 4. The Geforce 6200 OC was a model from a few years later. All of this in mind I would say that your computers parts are extremely old and outdated... Your computer specs may say that it has 1GB of Ram but with it being 17 years old I wouldn't be surprised if you couldn't get up to that amount because of how old it is. Over time your computer parts will wear down especially after a lot of usage everyday.
THIS GUY definitely has a degree in Hardware Development.

Ratings
Roblox
PotatoXOverlord
Discord
Potato#6991
THIS GUY definitely has a degree in Hardware Development.
As a person who builds and changes my pc parts often I would say it helps but just by looking at that guys specs and seeing pentium gave me some worry, but I had to look up most of these parts anyway since they're so old haha

Captcinn

Top 0.0001% Member
Ratings
724 2
Roblox
captcinn
Hello. I've been trying to research my problem but with no luck. Here's some system specs for y'all:
Dell Dimension 8200
-Geforce 6200 OC
-1GB RAM
-3.06 Ghz Pentium 4
With that being said, I've been having some weird and annoying issues. 90% of the games I join will end up being very laggy! However its not video card lag (I get 30~ FPS avg). Its also not my CPU or RAM that could be causing the issue. My CPU stays at 80%~ when I'm playing. My RAM gets up to 500 MB max in the games that I play most. But most importantly, my internet isn't bad, infact its pretty fast. So what could the issue be?? Roblox games work perfect on my laptop... When I join games on my desktop, I'll either get an error 277 after a few seconds of joining a game, or it will just show everyone's avatar making the running animation but not getting anywhere. Any advice is appreciated.

BTW I have tried reinstalling Roblox and restarting my computer.
Hardware.