Roblox Forum banner

Rotating parts independent of a weld.

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  JohnsonTheSecond 
#1 · (Edited)

Hello, I'm trying to create a car where the wheels rotate independent of the main weld when throttle is applied. The car is welded as one piece, and I have in the past had issues making moving wheels when attached to a weld as the weld takes the rotation script to mean that the whole thing should move, ending in a very fast spinning, hilarious-looking tank (Which is what I tried to make the wheels and tracks function on last time, but have since given up). Now I cannot get the wheels to spin at all. I've tried align position, rod, weld and even rope constraints and none work to keep the wheels spinning on their own in place beside but not spinning the whole car - They either loosely hang at the sides no matter how tightly I secure the constraints or in the case of align position constraints, which was my best hope (and intent, to align their positions like real wheels) take the whole vehicle with them.

If anyone could help me find a reliable way to keep the wheels attached as well as rotate, I would be very grateful.
https://www.roblox.com/library/3695374632/JohnsonTheSecond-Kubelwagen - The model if anyone would like to use it to experiment, or keep if you like. The rotate script is intended to go into each part of the Wheels group.

:
The model has been updated from a FM placeholder to my own model, the script has been added to all wheels. It's not really a Kubelwagen now lol

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.