Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

What's the dumbest reason you got banned?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

ElHomburgerGuy

If you won't let yourself fail, you won't improve
Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
I got banned for saying, "trump 2020". Kind of stupid considering this is a free country and all but it is roblox after all... don't really expect the moderation department to be very competent.
That looks like a good reason to be banned not gonna lie.
Not really, you're allowed to share your opinion as long as it doesn't violate the terms of service. It's unethical to ban someone just because someone stated their political belief. This is a free country last time I checked.
Ironic how in their Roblox Community Rules, they have a page where they talk about how you're not allowed to discriminate someone's political beliefs, but then proceed to then ban you for talking about it.
Makes me wonder if it's a certain political view that Roblox is willing to ban people for having.

Nub got banned for saying "trump 2020" if someone were to say "biden 2020" would they be punished with the same punishment?

I'm not here to say which political view you should side with or cause any arguments with people on this issue.

Just wanted to say my own speculations on this topic.

Redde

Feb 16, 2021
not Russia
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Red_Preist
Discord
no
got banned on the group recruiting for talking about furries with my friend at their booth in the game and there was an army group that hated furries a lot so they all reported me and my friend for "bullying and criticizing them" even though we didn't do anything and since they had a lot of people in that booth we got banned on group recruiting plaza for a couple of days
I wasn't banned on roblox in all just group recruiting plaza
(and i did say a phew mean things to that group cuz they wouldn't leave me and my friend alone even when I left my friends booth)

bloxAmbassador

Exemplar Member
Feb 16, 2021
R&B Bank, The Drill
Roblox
BallisticEthan
Discord
IDon'tHaveADiscordAccount#1337
I got banned for saying, "trump 2020". Kind of stupid considering this is a free country and all but it is roblox after all... don't really expect the moderation department to be very competent.
That’s straight facts tbh
Roblox mods:

*Reads rules*

"Yep that seems pretty similar to this rule so it's a valid ban."
Post automatically merged:

Like, I don't think that Roblox is the greatest place to share your political viewpoint and opinions, but why would they get banned for doing so?

It's not like they just pulled up to another player's IRL house with an M4 Sherman tank because the player supports Biden.

Last edited:
Reactions: AchievingAlex

EnchantedEliteYT

Apr 28, 2021
Overland Park, Kansas
www.youtube.com
Roblox
Elite100M
Discord
Enchanted#5881

ElHomburgerGuy

If you won't let yourself fail, you won't improve
Apr 24, 2019
Anonymous in the USA
Roblox
PieroWasTaking
That’s straight facts tbh
Roblox mods:

*Reads rules*

"Yep that seems pretty similar to this rule so it's a valid ban."
Post automatically merged:

Like, I don't think that Roblox is the greatest place to share your political viewpoint and opinions, but why would they get banned for doing so?

It's not like they just pulled up to another player's IRL house with an M4 Sherman tank because the player supports Biden.
Politics can get out of hand really quickly, so I'm guessing a bot saw it through moderation and just took the shot thinking it's preventing a fire.

The same applies to a place like here only this time the mods are all human beings and will know when something gets out of hand and needs to be stopped.