Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

why did Roblox Forums shut down

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

3Digital

Jan 4, 2018
Washington, DC
web.roblox.com
Roblox
Milllins
Discord
Milllins#2041
Does anyone think that the reason they gave for shutting down the official roblox forums was adequate? They basically just said they can't moderate the content right?
Did I miss something?
What is your opinion?
I think it's because of all the spammers? I used the roblox forums like a week BEFORE they shut it down, I barely got used to the roblox forums.

NoirSplash

Jan 4, 2018
Toronto
should've just removed general discussions, the building and scripting parts of the forums were a very large part of where i'd put my builds out there and not having a place to do that really stunted my motivation

Reactions: Harry

NotARealFishingRod

Jan 16, 2018
Yes, it was because of spammers. But not just any spammers. There's this youtuber QuackityHq, his acc got banned and him and several thousands of people spammed roblox forums, roblox then restricted new accounts that they cant use forums for 120000 hours (13 years.) Then they got rid of forums altogether like 2 days later. The riot of Quackity started in early June and forums ended early June, so that's why I'm assuming it's cause of that.

xXImBannedXx

Jan 20, 2018
It was 2 reasons, 1. People were toxic in the forum. 2. The youtuber QuackityHQ raided the forums twice, so they shut it down so he wouldnt do it again.

Reactions: Harry

Tuna

Jan 31, 2018
Canada
Kept getting raided and roblox didn't like the effect it was having on site maybe?

starfox666444

Dec 11, 2017
Did Anyone Not See What The Admin Said... He Said That They Took Them Down Because Of People Using Them For Usless Ressons Like: Hi. And People Liked To Spam..

Reactions: Aaron
Status
Not open for further replies.