Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Why do people keep saying Roblox is a dead game or the game is dying?

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

ThatRobloxGuy

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
Dogcraft_01
Recently, I've been looking through some forums and some youtube videos Roblox related, and I've been running into a lot of comments saying that, Roblox is dying, the company only cares about money, etc. I've also been noticing that some og Roblox player's are saying stuff about new Roblox compared to old Roblox that are mostly not true. And I've just been thinking: Why are people saying that Roblox is a dying game, why are people saying stuff that make it sound like old Roblox was 10x better than new Roblox. And why do og player's sometimes say stuff about new Roblox compared to old Roblox that mostly isn't true?

matieo33

Jun 8, 2018
Poland, Warsaw
Roblox
matieo33
Discord
Matieo33#8953
Roblox loses heavily and gains slightly. what I mean is, tons of kids join Roblox. most of them spend no more than 800 robux on average. but many veterans and rich people leave or just give up on trying to be rich (for those with limiteds) because of a huge lack of security because Roblox is hungry for money so they don't care about improving the security. I got to talk with some veterans ranging from 2007 to 2012. many of them say, 2012 (or early 2013) is when roblox started going down, as of eric cassel death.

While many kids join Roblox, many veterans, which are the center, the core of Roblox, start leaving Roblox. It's not always the money and the far away part of roblox (the new people) that matters but it's veterans too. Those guys are who you should listen to as they know the whole history of Roblox, its important details and everything, but if they leave not because it got boring for them, but because/and of Roblox's huge flaws and issues, you know that's not cool and good. As well as those guys do know a lot about Roblox, their way of rating the game can affect some people who read those. (parents/guardians) You won't trust that much someone who just played for few hours, but if someone played a game for long years, you might wanna trust him at least a bit by that review. And thus Roblox will die eventually in my opinion, of course, guys you can say different, I don't have a problem with that, I just don't think it'll live for a long time.

Reactions: hess and CSXRAILFAN

TinyTank

Banned
Feb 9, 2021
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
web.roblox.com
Roblox
baristinytank1
because of a huge lack of security because Roblox is hungry for money
Actually Roblox is working on making their security more stronger.
*Weaker
Post automatically merged:

What is wrong with more security? If they were abusing that would be something different.
That's the thing they don't care about security.

Switzers

Apr 10, 2018
Roblox
Switzers
It's not really dying, in fact, it's gaining more users, it's just that it isn't as fun as it was six or five years ago. It could be the apparent oversaturation of some games or the new wave of players. It could be the way Roblox is treating its platform, or we're just blinded by nostalgia. Or maybe a combination of everything.

TinyTank

Banned
Feb 9, 2021
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio
web.roblox.com
Roblox
baristinytank1
It's not really dying, in fact, it's gaining more users, it's just that it isn't as fun as it was six or five years ago. It could be the apparent oversaturation of some games or the new wave of players. It could be the way Roblox is treating its platform, or we're just blinded by nostalgia. Or maybe a combination of everything.
Roblox gained a lot of user in July and August because of schools being closed.

RicochetRoblox

Dec 13, 2020
1273 Rockefeller street
Roblox
MiningSimXXL
I think its just because roblox isn't a place people enjoy any more. This could be because robux prices have gone up, or the growth of o.d.'s and toxic players. (I'm not naming any names.) In my opinion, I think roblox has gone from a game for everybody to a game for older kids and teens.

ThatRobloxGuy

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
Dogcraft_01
sources: dude trust me
Fine, here's the source:

I think its just because roblox isn't a place people enjoy any more. This could be because robux prices have gone up, or the growth of o.d.'s and toxic players. (I'm not naming any names.) In my opinion, I think roblox has gone from a game for everybody to a game for older kids and teens.
I would like to debunk some of these claims you've made. Robux prices have never gone up and have always been pretty pricy. Toxic player's have always been a massive issue from the very beginning. And finally, stop calling people that Roplay date od's or oder's. Because no real life relationship can come from a platform like Roblox. Just leave these roplayer's alone.

Last edited:

PiForUAll

Top 0.0001% Member
May 4, 2019
From From From From From From From From From From
Roblox
PiForUAll
Fine, here's the source:

i really doubt that will do much tbh, also its been awhile since that tweet

flyvt

Nov 19, 2020
USA, CA
Roblox
ROBLOX
Discord
Discord:
it is just that all the "good games" are just becoming neutral and roblox algorithm isnt really good so it doesnt show us actual good games, new good games when there are a lot of good games out there that are jsut better than sot games, it is just all the same "most liked, popular, most engaging" but those dont help and discoviring good games for you becuase usually just little kids play Roblox more and they just play bad games.

ThatRobloxGuy

Feb 19, 2021
Roblox
Dogcraft_01
Fine, here's the source:

i really doubt that will do much tbh, also its been awhile since that tweet
That's because Roblox is working on it. It's better to push out updates that take awhile than to push out updates that are rushed and buggy.

it is just that all the "good games" are just becoming neutral and roblox algorithm isnt really good so it doesnt show us actual good games, new good games when there are a lot of good games out there that are jsut better than sot games, it is just all the same "most liked, popular, most engaging" but those dont help and discoviring good games for you becuase usually just little kids play Roblox more and they just play bad games.
A section that does help game discovery is this section called, recommended for you. The reason why I recommend looking through there is because a few months ago Roblox fixed up the category to actually recommend games based off what you're currently playing.