Why is it | Roblox Forum
Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Why is it

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums because Roblox shut them down! Join our community if you like to talk about Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolcatmomi

on break
VIP
Feb 24, 2018
bro this scam is so common ngl, you should contact roblox support and see if you can get your problem solved

Reactions: Fletcher and Chef

Hallumir

Ultra
May 13, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Roblox
Hallumir
Discord
Tachyon#2366
If someone can't tell you are male or female by the way you present yourself, including on the internet, then just correct him when he calls you the wrong gender. I don't see the need for pronouns in bio. Is it some sort of cryptic signal I'm not understanding?

Reactions: Coolcatmomi

HiiSwag

Jun 27, 2020
Roblox
HiiSwag
Yeah, I don't take with this whole "pronoun" thing. It segregates the genders and I agree it's really annoying and unnecessary. People get offended by that way too easily.

Reactions: Chef

Fletcher

They/Them
VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#3621
If someone can't tell you are male or female by the way you present yourself, including on the internet, then just correct him when he calls you the wrong gender. I don't see the need for pronouns in bio. Is it some sort of cryptic signal I'm not understanding?
I would assume it's less annoying to just have it in bio then constantly having to correct people

Chef

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Meat Walls
Roblox
Cshef
im saying even for the completely normal people who you KNOW are m/f, n they still do it just to have something cool in their bio, it's wack. the other people who are jus having a crazy identity crisis, is more understandable.

but don't get me wrong they are also annoying.

Hallumir

Ultra
May 13, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Roblox
Hallumir
Discord
Tachyon#2366
I would assume it's less annoying to just have it in bio then constantly having to correct people
If one has to constantly correct people, he's probably not presenting in a way that is indicative of his gender at all. Maybe he should then work on passing for his gender better.
im saying even for the completely normal people who you KNOW are m/f, n they still do it just to have something cool in their bio, it's wack. the other people who are jus having a crazy identity crisis, is more understandable
I'm just going to guess that it's a political signal to show support for transgender people in these cases.

Reactions: Chef

Fletcher

They/Them
VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#3621
If one has to constantly correct people, he's probably not presenting in a way that is indicative of his gender at all. Maybe he should then work on passing for his gender better.
im saying even for the completely normal people who you KNOW are m/f, n they still do it just to have something cool in their bio, it's wack. the other people who are jus having a crazy identity crisis, is more understandable
I'm just going to guess that it's a political signal to show support for transgender people in these cases.
Why not just let them look how they want and then just put it in their bio?

Hallumir

Ultra
May 13, 2019
Alberta, Canada
Roblox
Hallumir
Discord
Tachyon#2366
But what is the point of intentionally presenting as one gender and then telling others to call you the other? Seems contrarian and troll-like.

Fletcher

They/Them
VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#3621
But what is the point of intentionally presenting as one gender and then telling others to call you the other? Seems contrarian and troll-like.
Some people don't intentionally do it, they just have features that gravitate towards the opposite gender, others just prefer fem clothes while being fine with being a man, vice versa

I don't really see the issue if they're respectful about it/not hurtin anyone, but if it really was a big issue to someone they could just not talk to them

Reactions: Coolcatmomi

SleepyWinq

VIP
Apr 20, 2019
The Labyrinth
Roblox
MittensTheWhiteCat
Discord
smol_included#3230
The purpose of displaying pronouns in bios isn't just because it is a "cool trend" but they are to show how the individual preferable wants to be addressed as than assumed their gender. I agree to some extent that misgendering can be taken easily offensive, but it's understandable on why they are offended though. Especially if that individual values and feels that their identity is taken away from them because on how they look, act or behave. I am not saying that everyone gets highly offended when someone assumes their gender but if you aren't sure on an individual's gender then use them/they, or ask them.
I hope that made sense.. but feel free to correct me.

Chef

Banned
Nov 4, 2018
Meat Walls
Roblox
Cshef
The purpose of displaying pronouns in bios isn't just because it is a "cool trend" but they are to show how the individual preferable wants to be addressed as than assumed their gender. I agree to some extent that misgendering can be taken easily offensive, but it's understandable on why they are offended though. Especially if that individual values and feels that their identity is taken away from them because on how they look, act or behave. I am not saying that everyone gets highly offended when someone assumes their gender but if you aren't sure on an individual's gender then use them/they, or ask them.
I separated people into 2 groups, I didn't say ALL people do it for a cool trend, but for the people who have no involvement w their gender crisis

Fletcher

They/Them
VIP
Jun 6, 2018
The Local Cat Tree
Roblox
ChubbyFurry
Discord
Fletcher#3621
pretty much this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Private conversations
Rules Help Users
    You haven't joined any rooms.