Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Why ROBLOX is ****ing awesome, and how it changed my life (Nostalgia)

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!
Status
Not open for further replies.

ioio333

Jan 15, 2018
Please read this.
I am 16. I miss the days when I was young enough to play ROBLOX. The amount of creativity it evoked in me cannot be explained in words. Ever since I began at the age of 6, in 2009, I had been playing building games as a guest, including the classic "Build to Survive the Zombies". A couple years later, at the age of 9, I created an account (ioio333, check it out). My favorite game at the time was "Welcome to Roblox Building", a wonderful garden to cultivate my creative drive. I used blocks in special ways to create secret entrances to a fort, created long, grueling obbies to challenge my servermates (is that a word?), and erected large statues in my name. I eventually created my own games. Nothing big, just some pitiful obbies or tycoons, but they were mine. I loved the feeling of creating. Near the end of 2011, Roblox created personal servers, an easy way to have large servers on your own game. I went crazy with all the potential. I created a server, called "FREE ADMIN FOREVER!!!", in which everyone could build freely. I designed small easter eggs here and there, created an amazing town, etc all with the help of others. I feel like this is when I started to find an urge to program my games, instead of only building them. I found an excellent youtube channel, Peasfactory, with many tutorials on how to script. For those of you that don't know, Peaspod was a classic ROBLOX creator. At the age of 11, I began to program games. I created a Prison Escape game, a very unique obby, a building platform, a zero-gravity tycoon, a minigames game, etc etc etc. I got many visits, not too many, but enough to feel fufilled. I began creating things for groups, but near the end of 2016, I stopped playing due to pressure that it is a "Kids' Game". Sure, I've been checking the site every few months for nostalgia, but I really started to play more "mature" games, such as CS:GO and Skyrim. None of them, however, satisfy my creativity nearly as much as ROBLOX had. There just isn't any building platforms that provide so much variation and potential as ROBLOX, much less a "mature" game. Sure, I could try GMOD, but does anyone even use that anymore? It still wouldn't provide much *MOD*ification, contrary to what the name might suggest. I could program my game off of any engine completely, but where would I post it? It would take forever to create! I miss ROBLOX. I honestly wish I could go back and play it, no matter how pathetic it sounds. But I am going somewhere else with my creativity now. I am graduating early, and I have, not to brag, received a generous scholarship from MIT (One of the 10 hardest schools to be accepted to in the world). There, I will study computer science, and hopefully after a few years of experience, be making 300k a year as an executive software engineer. I owe this to ROBLOX. Without this amazing game, I would've never gotton that scholarship, much less tried in the first place. I don't want people to think of ROBLOX as cringy, as every fanbase has its falls. It is a wonderful creation.
It took me time to write this, thank you for taking time to read this.

YakovTag7772

Dec 12, 2017
Roblox
YakovTag7772
Discord
Yakov#7772
Please read this.
I am 16. I miss the days when I was young enough to play ROBLOX. The amount of creativity it evoked in me cannot be explained in words. Ever since I began at the age of 6, in 2009, I had been playing building games as a guest, including the classic "Build to Survive the Zombies". A couple years later, at the age of 9, I created an account (ioio333, check it out). My favorite game at the time was "Welcome to Roblox Building", a wonderful garden to cultivate my creative drive. I used blocks in special ways to create secret entrances to a fort, created long, grueling obbies to challenge my servermates (is that a word?), and erected large statues in my name. I eventually created my own games. Nothing big, just some pitiful obbies or tycoons, but they were mine. I loved the feeling of creating. Near the end of 2011, Roblox created personal servers, an easy way to have large servers on your own game. I went crazy with all the potential. I created a server, called "FREE ADMIN FOREVER!!!", in which everyone could build freely. I designed small easter eggs here and there, created an amazing town, etc all with the help of others. I feel like this is when I started to find an urge to program my games, instead of only building them. I found an excellent youtube channel, Peasfactory, with many tutorials on how to script. For those of you that don't know, Peaspod was a classic ROBLOX creator. At the age of 11, I began to program games. I created a Prison Escape game, a very unique obby, a building platform, a zero-gravity tycoon, a minigames game, etc etc etc. I got many visits, not too many, but enough to feel fufilled. I began creating things for groups, but near the end of 2016, I stopped playing due to pressure that it is a "Kids' Game". Sure, I've been checking the site every few months for nostalgia, but I really started to play more "mature" games, such as CS:GO and Skyrim. None of them, however, satisfy my creativity nearly as much as ROBLOX had. There just isn't any building platforms that provide so much variation and potential as ROBLOX, much less a "mature" game. Sure, I could try GMOD, but does anyone even use that anymore? It still wouldn't provide much *MOD*ification, contrary to what the name might suggest. I could program my game off of any engine completely, but where would I post it? It would take forever to create! I miss ROBLOX. I honestly wish I could go back and play it, no matter how pathetic it sounds. But I am going somewhere else with my creativity now. I am graduating early, and I have, not to brag, received a generous scholarship from MIT (One of the 10 hardest schools to be accepted to in the world). There, I will study computer science, and hopefully after a few years of experience, be making 300k a year as an executive software engineer. I owe this to ROBLOX. Without this amazing game, I would've never gotton that scholarship, much less tried in the first place. I don't want people to think of ROBLOX as cringy, as every fanbase has its falls. It is a wonderful creation.
you will get a Scholarship or u did cuz good luck XD "I will study computer science, and hopefully after a few years of experience, be making 300k a year as an executive software engineer." ya Dream on XD

SkyBroBlox

Jan 20, 2018
ROBLOX :mad::mad::mad: CRINGY?! :eek: OMG HATER :mad::mad::eek::eek::mad::mad: I AM TELLING MODS OMG :mad::mad::mad::mad::unsure::unsure::unsure::devilish: SO MAD OMG :mad::mad::mad::(:(:eek::eek::cry:

Reactions: 1 person

DanVallance

Feb 6, 2018
Please read this.
Great story, sadly I got bored halfway

Neodyne

Jan 30, 2018
United States of America
Roblox
DevTitanium
Discord
DevTitanium#5230
Please read this.
Hm, interesting.

Sprite

Feb 12, 2018
Roblox st. 123
Roblox
Lxnac
Please read this.
Im not reading that.

Klay

Feb 10, 2018
Roblox HQ
Roblox
justtinm
Discord
HeemBreezy #5395
If roblox wasnt made well still be playing websites like kizi agame or a10

lol

Chrxme

☺?
VIP
Feb 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Roblox
Rxlaxin
ROBLOX :mad::mad::mad: CRINGY?! :eek: OMG HATER :mad::mad::eek::eek::mad::mad: I AM TELLING MODS OMG :mad::mad::mad::mad::unsure::unsure::unsure::devilish: SO MAD OMG :mad::mad::mad::(:(:eek::eek::cry:
You're not ok are you? 'You called his thread cringy' but then look what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.