Welcome to the Forums!
Join thousands of other Roblox members with a free account.
Create Forum Account

Windows update broke roblox

• This website was created by Roblox members to replace the official forums (because Roblox shut them down) Join us if you like Roblox!

MilkVanilla

Nov 16, 2021
Roblox
roblowek_2
Hey there,
so recently I updated Windows 10, pretty standard stuff.
But after that, when I tried to go onto Roblox - nothing loaded but geometry (with color).
I thought it's just some loading glitch, so I closed Roblox and reopened it.
But nope, still nothing. I decided to wait in the game, and after 10-15 seconds or so it just froze.
So I looked for help, reinstalled Roblox, restarted Windows, uninstalled the update, changed firewall settings, and turned off my antivirus.
Nothing worked though, and each time I go in, the same thing happens:
- Nothing loading
- 10-15 seconds of messing around
- Everything (mouse if on the screen, window, sometimes music) freezes
- I close Roblox, a crash message appears
Additional info:
- Update was KB5007186 (or another one published in the last 4 days)
- System/Device is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (BIOS Version/Date 2012, I can post an image of system stuff if that helps), SONY/VAIO laptop, don't know exactly here
- Other applications also broke, but only Roblox is still broken
All help is appreciated!

Captcinn

80% of my posts are bad jokes
Mar 5, 2018
[DATA REDACTED]
Hey there,
But after that, when I tried to go onto Roblox - nothing loaded but geometry (with color).
But nope, still nothing. I decided to wait in the game, and after 10-15 seconds or so it just froze.
So I looked for help, reinstalled Roblox, restarted Windows, uninstalled the update, changed firewall settings, and turned off my antivirus.
- Nothing loading
Additional info:
- System/Device is Microsoft Windows 10 Pro (BIOS Version/Date 2012, I can post an image of system stuff if that helps), SONY/VAIO laptop, don't know exactly here
All help is appreciated!
If you could replicate the situation, a crash code would greatly help.
Haven't heard of this problem, perhaps you should update your drivers.
Which version of Roblox are you using, web, or Microsoft store, and if you are using web try the Microsoft store and see if it happens on it, if you already use the Microsoft store version then try the web version and see if it happens on there.

MilkVanilla

Nov 16, 2021
Roblox
roblowek_2
Hey there,
- Nothing loading
Additional info:
All help is appreciated!
If you could replicate the situation, a crash code would greatly help.
Haven't heard of this problem, perhaps you should update your drivers.
Which version of Roblox are you using, web, or Microsoft store, and if you are using web try the Microsoft store and see if it happens on it, if you already use the Microsoft store version then try the web version and see if it happens on there.
I don't know what the crash code is, how can I check that? Because the message just says "An unexpected error occurred and Roblox needs to quit. Sorry!".
Also, I will try the Microsoft store version since I use the web one. I'll also look for an update to the drivers. Probably going to let you know tomorrow.
After writing: So I tried out the Microsoft store version and it just didn't run. I logged in, and then the program closed. Nothing else.

MilkVanilla

Nov 16, 2021
Roblox
roblowek_2
So, I have a little information.
For some reason, roblox on the web nor roblox in the Windows store run properly, but roblox studio works just fine, even if I press "Play".
Also, I couldn't find any driver updates.
I think I might need to reset the whole system, but I don't want to if there's a better way.
Thanks for your help though.
Post automatically merged:

So a little while later, I went onto Roblox studio and it actually didn't load either. I don't know what is happening, and for now, I guess I can't do anything.

Last edited:

MilkVanilla

Nov 16, 2021
Roblox
roblowek_2
So the problem might be that my hardware is unsupported, since I use a 9 year-old laptop model. It's kind of stupid, but at least i can get some better specs lol. Although i do wonder what would happen if i use an emulator, might send the result